Online Worship vs. Going to a Building

Roberto

Online Worship vs. Going to a Building

Post by Roberto » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:48 pm

If you go to a local assembly and nobody says hello or seems interesting in talking about the Lord, wouldn't a forum like this actually be more growth producing?

jeremiah

Re: Online Worship vs. Going to a Building

Post by jeremiah » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:35 pm

No. I think we should be careful to not assume a forum like this to be sufficient for that. We were made for living, breathing communion. If folk at your church seem slow to talk about the things of God deeply straight off, I'd suggest keep trying until the comfort is there. The state of the church maybe bleak in some areas, but it won't be shaken out of sleep without a good nudge. And it may need a gentle one to start.

I think our discouragement from their reluctance subsides in the light of 1 Corinthians 13. Particularly the bit about love hoping all things and not failing. Remember Jesus' words? That all men will know we are his disciples by or love for one another. He also warned us to be careful not to love only them which love us.

Try saying hello to them. There is a man at my assembly that I was in the same room with for more than a year before we spoke. I always assumed he didn't even want to look at me. I spoke with him last week and he turned out to be one of the warmest people I've meet in a long time. I felt silly for thinking he had some ill will toward me when it was clear in the end that he was just as awkward as I with people sometimes.
Pray for your family and keep trying brother.

Grace and peace to you Roberto.
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 am

In my experience, a face-to-face meeting of a relatively small (5-20 people) group of Christians devoted to Biblical discussion, prayer, and praise is the most worthwhile experience that I have with other believers.

It's very encouraging and helpful to listen to other believers worship God and pray and to be able to at pray for them and assist them when possible.

But this kind of forum is probably better for Biblical, intellectual discussion and debate, I think.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:50 pm

It's very encouraging and helpful to listen to other believers worship God and pray and to be able to at pray for them and assist them when possible.

But this kind of forum is probably better for Biblical, intellectual discussion and debate, I think.

Amen to this and the previous post :)

Roberto

Post by Roberto » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:56 pm

jeremiah wrote:No. I think we should be careful to not assume a forum like this to be sufficient for that. We were made for living, breathing communion. If folk at your church seem slow to talk about the things of God deeply straight off, I'd suggest keep trying until the comfort is there. The state of the church maybe bleak in some areas, but it won't be shaken out of sleep without a good nudge. And it may need a gentle one to start.

I think our discouragement from their reluctance subsides in the light of 1 Corinthians 13. Particularly the bit about love hoping all things and not failing. Remember Jesus' words? That all men will know we are his disciples by or love for one another. He also warned us to be careful not to love only them which love us.

Try saying hello to them. There is a man at my assembly that I was in the same room with for more than a year before we spoke. I always assumed he didn't even want to look at me. I spoke with him last week and he turned out to be one of the warmest people I've meet in a long time. I felt silly for thinking he had some ill will toward me when it was clear in the end that he was just as awkward as I with people sometimes.
Pray for your family and keep trying brother.

Grace and peace to you Roberto.
Thank you. Jeremiah for the encouragement. I didn't mean to say or imply that it was sufficient, just that at times it offers more encouragement. You provided a good example!

Return to “Fellowship & Worship”