fellowship with the Lord

jarrod

fellowship with the Lord

Post by jarrod » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:08 am

I think our very existence boils down to a relationship with the Father. To have a proper relationship with Him as Father and King should be the top priority in our lives. I believe once that is right, it will overflow onto all of those He puts around you.

An illustration popped into my head regarding the importance of a relationship with God and I wanted to run it by you guys to see if it made sense or if it needed work.

I imagined, for lack of better words, a large eternal holding tank filled with blackness and the only ones present are you and the Lord. His presence should be of such utmost importance, that we are focused completely on Him until we have that resolved in our minds. That imagery is not absolutely literal either because, of course, we still live in this world and deal with people. I'm not talking about becoming a recluse. I'm talking about constantly thinking about the Lord, and our commitment to Him (because His commitment towards us is steadfast), with ferver until we find Him.

Thanks, Jrod

RICHinCHRIST

Re: fellowship with the Lord

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Jarrod,

Have you ever read "The Practice of the Presence of God" by brother Lawrence?

It is a classic work about a 14th century monk who found that he sensed God's nearness 24/7, and not just in his set times for prayer. I've read the book probably 6 times... it's small and easy to read devotionally or in one sitting.

jarrod

Re: fellowship with the Lord

Post by jarrod » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:16 pm

I have not heard of that book, but now I just bought it!

1 "The Practice of the Presence of God"
Lawrence, Brother; Paperback;
In Stock
Sold by: Amazon.com

Thanks Rich!!

Jrod
RICHinCHRIST wrote:Jarrod,

Have you ever read "The Practice of the Presence of God" by brother Lawrence?

It is a classic work about a 14th century monk who found that he sensed God's nearness 24/7, and not just in his set times for prayer. I've read the book probably 6 times... it's small and easy to read devotionally or in one sitting.

Return to “Fellowship & Worship”