Churches in NYC?

Jeff

Churches in NYC?

Post by Jeff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:54 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good churches in NYC. I know there are tons of them, but I wanted to know if anyone knew of any ones they could recommend personally. Thanks.

TK

Re: Churches in NYC?

Post by TK » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:08 pm

David wilkerson heads up Times Square church-- that is probably really good-

then there is Jim Cymbala's church in brooklyn i think (Brooklyn Tabernacle?) Those are two i have heard or read about.

TK

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:36 am

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good churches in NYC. I know there are tons of them, but I wanted to know if anyone knew of any ones they could recommend personally. Thanks.Jeff

I used to go to the "Faith Exchange" with Dan and Ann Stratton in lower Manhattan and loved it.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks I will look into them! I'm looking for a church that I can recommend to my brother who lives up there. He is what I would call a nominal Christian (he claims to be born again). He attended a Methodist church there for awhile before joining a Baptist church. He eventually stopped going because quote "he got tired of seeing teenage girls dance around" (I assume it's a reference to interpretitive dances, which I've never understood for a church setting). He just got married and his wife who also claims to be Christian is even less interested in church than he is. I would like to see them start their married life on the right foot and get involved in a good church.

Quilter2

Post by Quilter2 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:44 am

There is Followers of Jesus in Brooklyn. It is mildly anabaptist, not plain. Worship was contemporary as I recall but reverent, nothing extreme. We met the elder minister Allan Roth. It is a multiracial congregation and the people were welcoming. Our church chorus sang there 10 years ago because one of our member couples were 30 year friends with Roths. Our daughter has had a penpal friend from there ever since who came to see her last month when some youth went to NY City to sing and give out gospel CDs.
Followers of Jesus
3065 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11208
718-235-5493
Allen Roth, Richard Schwartz & Daniel Pollard ministers

Hope this is helpful.
Paula

Return to “Fellowship & Worship”