Christians and the Covid Vaccine

Right & Wrong
darinhouston

Re: Christians and the Covid Vaccine

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 am

Health Care Workers Speak Out on Why They Would Rather Lose Their Jobs Than Take a COVID-19 Vaccine

BY ENRICO TRIGOSO October 25, 2021 Updated: October 26, 2021

Despite being promoted as safe and effective by legacy media, many health care workers are refusing to take the COVID-19 vaccines, and those who openly speak out about their concerns get censored by Big Tech companies or kicked off their platforms.

Some nurses and doctors are refusing vaccine mandates even if means it will cost them their jobs.

The Epoch Times reached out to some of these health care professionals to see why.

‘Impossible to Give Fully Informed Consent’

Emily Nixon is a registered nurse who has been working in the health industry for 18 years. When her employer, MaineHealth, announced that it would make the vaccine mandatory, she quickly organized a group called The Coalition for Healthcare Workers Against Medical Mandates and filed a lawsuit.

“Thousands of health care workers have and will be losing their jobs. The already weak health care infrastructure of Maine will not withstand this devastating loss of staff. Life will be lost. Care is already being rationed. We have been experiencing a media blackout in this state,” Nixon said.

“Speaking from my point of view, an intelligent, healthy, and empowered health care professional that takes excellent care of herself, it is an insult to expect that I would accept an injection of unknown substance and efficacy and provide an example to the great people that I serve that they too should submit their power over to pharmaceutical companies—convicted felons—in an effort to put a band-aid on the gaping wound of reality.

“It is unconscionable to mandate injections without exemption, especially when the injection is a brand new medical product still undergoing its first year of study. Breakthrough cases are not properly reported on. We know this vaccine is ‘leaky.’ The safety and effectiveness of this vaccine has not been proven. There are other safe and alternative treatments. It is impossible to give fully informed consent without long-term, unbiased data. Threatening our jobs is blatant coercion. Our God-given right to bodily integrity and personal autonomy has been stripped with these mandates and we will not stand for it,” Nixon said.

‘The Side Effects Are Real’

Jaclyn Zubiate, who was working for Southern Maine Health Care, loved her job as a nurse.

“I did not take the vaccine, even though I will be terminated … Now with the data that we have, we know that the survival rate is quite high. Over the last 18 months, I have only sent one patient to the ER in respiratory distress. COVID has no distinguishing features among other viruses like other diseases that we have vaccines for. Why would I need a vaccine for something with a 99 percent survival rate that does not have any distinguishable features?” said Zubiate.

“Health care workers are not taking it because they know that the side effects are real. In urgent care, I have seen myocarditis, cellulitis, [and] unusual neurological symptoms, among a variety of other side effects. I have seen people very ill post-vaccine, and then go on to test positive. The positivity rate for contracting COVID on the vaccinated is very high per the recent studies and what I am seeing in my clinic. A vaccine should work, and it is not working. It should be tested for years on something other than humans before we call it ‘safe and effective.’ There have been over 15,000 deaths from the vaccine that the media is not talking about. I will never take that risk on myself,” Zubiate said.

‘The Data Speaks for Itself’

Jessica Mosher has been a registered nurse for more than a decade. She is a mother of four and a veteran of the United States Navy who lost her job for refusing the shots.

She was a nursing supervisor, patient observer manager, and nurse program director at Redington-Fairview General Hospital.

“Protecting my health and staying true to my religious convictions will always be my choice over a job. The scriptures promise that ‘as long as the earth remains, there will be seedtime and harvest’; this side of heaven, we have an abundance of employment options, but only one life,” Mosher said.

“I have a master’s degree in nursing and am employed as a professor of nursing research and evidence-based practice. I am skilled in collecting and analyzing data and in drawing conclusions. I did not rely on the media, government, or Big Tech for any of my health care decisions prior to COVID-19 and I have no plans to change course. The data speaks for itself related to the harm these experimental vaccines have caused and the lack of studies that have been conducted.

“What I have seen as a nurse and what others have shared post-vaccination seals the deal. The virus, like the cold and flu, does not have a cure. However, it has an almost 100 percent survival rate. Those pushing the vaccine are following the money. I am following the science. Health care workers do not walk away from their passion or stable salary to be difficult. The amount of people willing to be fired should be cause for alarm in and of itself,” she said.

‘Health Care Workers Have Natural Immunity‘

John Lewis worked for a large hospital in southern Maine.

He is pro-life and believes that all life is precious.

“Knowing all three available vaccines were either tested, developed, or produced using fetal cell lines from elective abortions, I could not in good conscience violate my deeply held beliefs. Anticipating I would be able to file a religious exemption, it is hard to accept [that] I’m not being afforded an exemption based on my duties after considering I am a remote worker and do not interact with patients,” Lewis said.

“Outside of medical or religious exemptions, many health care workers consider the risk-benefits of getting the vaccine. It is the same approach to providing patient care, where the patient is allowed informed consent. Many of the health care workers have natural immunity. Others do not feel there is enough long-term research into adverse effects. Also, these health care workers see with their own eyes what is happening in hospitals, which isn’t necessarily in line with the narrative,” Lewis said.

‘None of Us Are Seeing’ Surges

Heather Sadler, a registered nurse, also loves to be a nurse, but she said that her and her family’s health are much more important than her paycheck.

“This is new vaccine (if you want to call it that) technology that has NEVER been deployed successfully, and has no data regarding long-term effects, not to be confused with ‘side effects’ as the general public seems to be hung up on. I have always been someone who analyzes my health care choices through the lens of risk-benefit ratio. Knowing what I know about COVID (and I’ve done a lot of research), I do not fall into any of the high-risk for severe illness/death categories: age over 65, obese, heart disease, diabetes, chronic lung conditions, and immunocompromised. For me and my immediate family, there is greater risk of having a side effect, or long-term effect from injecting a virtually unknown substance into ourselves,” Sadler said.

“I am a nurse in Oncology/Hematology, and I’m seeing that we are experiencing an increase in hospitalizations/referrals for clotting and bleeding disorders. For one example, in one week, we had two patients in the hospital who were diagnosed with a rare clotting disorder that is normally only seen in 4 percent of the general population. And this happened twice in one week in rural central Maine. The only common factor, a COVID shot three days prior in each case. Was this reported to the CDC? I do not know.

“Only 4 of the roughly 20 to 25 people I’ve known personally who have tested positive for COVID recently have been unvaccinated. Yes, unvaccinated. The majority of the people around me who have tested positive in the past three months have been fully vaccinated. Why would I want to risk side effects or long-term effects of the shot if I can still contract and spread this virus? It’s just not logical. Those two examples clearly blow their theory that ‘it’s safe and effective’ out of the water,” Sadler said.

“I am in constant communication with other health care workers in the state of Maine and none of us are seeing the ‘surges’ that the general public is told is happening.”

“This is America! I have every right to make an educated decision regarding my health care. No matter what you are told, what I do has no direct effect on you,” Sadler said.

‘Freedom Is the Most Important Thing’

Sherri Thornton was a Maine SAFE Advisory Board member and chair and has been a nurse for 45 years.

She was planning to retire but wanted to work until the end of the year; however, when she saw the mandate coming, she decided to retire earlier.

“I believe that freedom is the most important thing in life outside of salvation. No one has the right to tell me what I can or can not do with my body except the Lord. The vaccines have been produced with fetal tissue, and I am staunchly opposed to abortion,” Thornton said.

“The components of the vaccines are not safe. There are many side effects that cause more harm than the coronavirus. It doesn’t protect against the variants. … Vaccinating everyone will not gain herd immunity and will only cause more variants to which those without natural immunity will succumb,” Thornton said.

Three other health care workers that are against the vaccine mandates reached out to The Epoch Times but didn’t want to have their names or employers disclosed.

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am

Judges 21:25
New American Standard Bible 1995
25. In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Philippians 2:3-4
3. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4. do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:33 am

Homer wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am
Judges 21:25
25. In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.

Philippians 2:3-4
3. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; 4. do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others.
What's your point, Homer ?

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:55 pm

When I heard VP Harris and the governor of New York using scripture to browbeat and guilt-trip people into taking the injection, accusing of selfishness those who see the wisdom in refusing it, I was appalled at their brazen use of what is holy.

To give Homer the benefit of my doubts, I will ask,"Homer, after reading the case Darin has laid out here, are you telling those who refuse to partake in this evil that their motives are purely selfish and in disregard for their fellow man?"
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:16 pm

First I would ask Darin, Jepne, and any others what their thoughts are of the Smallpox and Polio vaccines? Did those vaccines do more harm than good? Do you oppose all vaccines equally, or just particular one(s)?

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Homer, I am going to guess at Jepne's response.

There was no attempt to force Smallpox and Polio vaccines upon us. Furthermore, they were not damaging to the health as the Covid Vaccine has proved to be in many cases.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:43 pm

Homer wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:16 pm
First I would ask Darin, Jepne, and any others what their thoughts are of the Smallpox and Polio vaccines? Did those vaccines do more harm than good? Do you oppose all vaccines equally, or just particular one(s)?
I have a variety of views about various of the vaccine programs throughout our history. That makes me inherently suspicious and critical of them, but those concerns are not relevant here for all the reasons above and the primary reason being that this is not a conventional vaccine, that it is untested technology with SERIOUS historic dangers when it has been tried and it is being tried against a coronavirus (which has never had a successful vaccine) and because of the gross political movement behind its mandate with SERIOUS epidemiologists and former members of vaccine and pharmaceutical review boards being outspoken critics warning against their use yet being shunned and censored at every turn and being called kooks (many having relevant credentials before this issue longer than my arm) and the spirit of the age coming alongside it with the purposeful destruction of our economy (and the global economy) to "build it back better" and have a "great reset" and the climate and energy transition movement and so on and so forth.

In short, it is a part of what I think is a satanic movement across our planet and perhaps part of God's judgment.

That is completely different from my views of other vaccines, some of which I think have been harmful and others helpful, but virtually none mandated for healthy adults and all being reasonably effective and proven largely safe (for adults).

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:46 pm

Paidion wrote:
Homer, I am going to guess at Jepne's response.

There was no attempt to force Smallpox and Polio vaccines upon us. Furthermore, they were not damaging to the health as the Covid Vaccine has proved to be in many cases.
And Darin wrote:
That is completely different from my views of other vaccines, some of which I think have been harmful and others helpful, but virtually none mandated for healthy adults and all being reasonably effective and proven largely safe (for adults).
Actually there is a very long history of vaccine mandates and antivaxxers in both the USA and Canada. The Supreme Court, in the case of Jacobson vs. Massachusetts, 2/20/1905, upheld the Constitutionality of mandatory Smallpox vaccinations to preserve the public health.

I was certainly pleased when they came up with the polio vaccine; we no longer needed to worry about our sons. When I was a young boy my sister had polio and recovered to live as a normal person. Later in grade school a schoolmate had polio and permanently lost the ability to walk.

Sceptics and social media can be a deadly combination:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/st ... k-pakistan

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:44 am

Homer, you're right that skepticism overdone can be dangerous. But, a lack of any can equally be so. I have a general skepticism when it comes to vaccines due to their abuse and the incredible amount of money and lack of any legal accountability and liability manufacturers have and the risk of the modern vaccine program to our children's health. It is, itself, a drug to the Pharma industry and research in conventional therapies suffers because of the economics of vaccines. But, and a big but... that doesn't mean I don't see the value in SOME of them. I have serious questions about polio. Do try and read the Moth and the Iron Lung book I mentioned before. Since you have such personal experience with polio, I would honestly be interested to see how you react to the information presented.

You MUST put aside your prejudice about anti-vaxxers if you want to understand our position on THIS vaccine and in this vaccination program. It is VERY different and is NOT being driven by real public health considerations. Control groups in the early studies were taken out of the program, everything was short-cut, it is a very different technology never before successful with SERIOUS problems in early development, they are doing everything they can to vaccinate those who demonstrably don't need it, and so on. Explain how so many of today's politicians were AGAINST the vaccine and declared the problems with its development and testing and even Biden and Harris refused to take it and said no one should as long as Trump was driving it, but once they got in office it was the talisman of the new faith in the Vax? Even in Sweden where we had a pretty good control group and a classic and very good record with the virus are trying to now vaccinate EVERYONE. Soon, there will be no group to point to (except perhaps the Amish) to show how effective (or not) the vaccine is because you will have nothing to compare it with. There is more to say, but you don't appear interest in these things.

As to Jacobson, you're now firmly in my wheelhouse. As an attorney, I'm probably the only one here who has actually read it. First of all, the facts of Jacobson can easily be distinguished here (for many of the reasons above). The court struggled with the balance of privacy, etc, and were convinced almost entirely by how deadly the illness was, how widely accepted and effective the vaccine was, how certain they were that it wasn't harmful, and how long it had been around, how careful the testing was, etc. (early efforts, in fact, were not mandated and were dangerous and ineffective) Further, they didn't make him get the vaccine - they only validated a very small fine (something like $5 as I recall) in a comparison of the harms of the fine vs. the value and risk. Today's economics of losing the ability to take place in the main aspects of life and hold a job and so forth and the vast concerns and experimental aspects and so forth would change that calculus considerably. The comparative 99+% survival rate in most people and highly effective early therapeutics available (though being fought against in favor of the vaccine) are another factor. But, and another big but, most people aren't aware that Jacobson was EXPLICITLY rejected in the (otherwise terrible) Planned Parenthood vs. Casey decision. Legal considerations of personal privacy have evolved and the court recognized they got that wrong and didn't appreciate how fundamental the right to privacy and personal autonomy was to our Constitution. It is also important to notice that the Supreme Court made it quite plain that the ONLY authority over such a thing as public health was the States. This was a state action, not a federal one. The Constitution did NOT give the Federal government police power over such things.

So, there is much more to say, but you have this one wrong (at least as it pertains to understanding my position on the subject).

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:12 am

Therapeutics aside, have you heard ANY official recommendations about the things that are PROVING to be useful against this virus?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/1-in-4-ho ... STGVD79yV0
Hospitalized COVID-19 patients are far more likely to die or to end up in severe or critical condition if they are vitamin D-deficient, Israeli researchers have found.

In a study conducted in a Galilee hospital, 26 percent of vitamin D-deficient coronavirus patients died, while among other patients the figure was at 3%.

“This is a very, very significant discrepancy, which represents a big clue that starting the disease with very low vitamin D leads to increased mortality and more severity,” Dr. Amir Bashkin, endocrinologist and part of the research team, told The Times of Israel.

Return to “Ethics”