"The Bible" History Channel miniseries

TK

Re: "The Bible" History Channel miniseries

Post by TK » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 pm

I have been enjoying it. Most of the "errors" are not breathtaking, but I would like to have a chat with the writers. I believe the good of it far outweighs any potential dangers due to inaccuracies.

The first thing that really bugged me was the portrayal of Jesus raising Lazarus. they had Jesus entering the tomb and whispering to lazarus and his eyes opened.

The actual Bible version is much more dramatic- calling him forth from outside the tomb and Lazarus stumbling out in his grave clothes. "The Greatest Story Ever Told" did a great job with this story.

So while I am ok with some dramatic license- I am not sure why they blatantly change some things especially when the original is better ;)

TK

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:32 pm

TK wrote:
The first thing that really bugged me was the portrayal of Jesus raising Lazarus. they had Jesus entering the tomb and whispering to lazarus and his eyes opened.
LAME!

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 pm

Somewhere on the forum, I said that it would be neat to see a depiction of the time from the ascension to 70 AD. I guess I'm getting my wish, because that appears to be what the new TV show, A.D. The Bible Continues, is doing.

I have been going over to my parents house to watch it each weekend. The show is only up to about Acts 9 now. It includes non-Biblical (but basically historical, more or less) storylines with Pilate and Herod and Rome and the emporer(s), which is interesting sometimes, but I wish there was a bit less of that and more focus on the apostles and Saul/Paul.

All in all, it's fun to watch. I like it.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “General Bible Discussion”