John7:38-39 Glorification

verbatim

John7:38-39 Glorification

Post by verbatim » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Hi All,
When did the glorification of Jesus take place; during his ministry, crucifixion, death, resurrection or after ascension?
Scripture show that Jesus was glorified since before the world existed (John 17:5) and his disciples attested in John 1:14 (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (happened when Word incarnated)
Before Jesus was persecuted he is fully aware that he will be crucify and put to death and prayed to Father in John 12:27-28 Joh 12:27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.
Joh 12:28 Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. (during ministry)

In particular, it is suggested that in John 17:5 Jesus’ prayer is not that he be taken to the cross viewed as a separate event- it is a prayer that he should undergo the whole process of cross/resurrection/ascension which will lead to him sharing in heaven the place of honour with his Father that has rightly been his since before the foundation of the world. Since this is the case, then his prayer in John 17:1 “glorify your Son so that the Son may glorify you” will mean essentially the same thing:“bring about the events that need to take place so that you, the Father, will be glorified by eternal life being given to all those whom you have determined will share in this life”

So, in Acts 8:16 Act 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Joh 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

For more clarity of my OP I would like to suggest that we focus our conversation with this two verses which are both related to the Holy Ghost but they have some contrasting word. In verse 38 it said that out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water, which I supposed that it were already in the believer and in verse39 : for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) which can be consider that the Holy Ghost is not yet in possession of a believer.

What do you think if what is the intention of the last phrase”: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)” and who will glorify Jesus?
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

verbatim

Re: John7:38-39 Glorification

Post by verbatim » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:03 am

Hi All,
Deut 29:29 Secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those that are revealed belong to us and our descendants forever, so that we might obey all the words of this law.
The teaching of the Lord is through enigmatic theory and the teaching of man is through revealed or acknowledge things as Scripture said in Matthew13:34-35 Jesus spoke all these things in parables to the crowds; he did not speak to them without a parable.
13:35 This fulfilled what was spoken by the prophet: “I will open my mouth in parables, I will announce what has been hidden from the foundation of the world.”

When this topic comes to my mind I was very reluctant to post it fearing that no one could understand this topic prior to Jesus word in John 6:63that all the words that I spoke on you they are life and they are spirit.
Jesus said “My teaching is not from me, but from the one who sent me. If anyone wants to do God’s will, he will know about my teaching, whether it is from God or whether I speak from my own authority. The person who speaks on his own authority desires to receive honor for himself; the one who desires the honor of the one who sent him is a man of integrity, and there is no unrighteousness in him. John 7:16-18 (context (NET)
Philippians 2:9-10 As a result God exalted him and gave him the name that is above every name,
Philippians 2:10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow– in heaven and on earth and under the earth –
---( the name of)-- if, this phrase is remove in the original context it will appear as follow;
“so that at Jesus every knee will bow – in heaven and on earth and under the earth-“ why was it not translated like this? I think it have the same meaning.
Are there something unseen or hidden in this phrase ( the name of) as we all know that Jesus was named since his conception which were given by angel to Joseph and the child were named Jesus at birth.
So, why was it the same name given when he exalted and sat at the right hand of Majesty?

Heb 1:4 Thus he became so far better than the angels as he has inherited a name superior to theirs.(NET)

Being inherited a name superior, can a name Jesus given before birth be called inheritance?

Let us compare if name Jesus will be compatible or acceptable in different verses.

Act 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among people by which we must be saved.(NET)
Jesus name were only given to Christian, Muslim, &Judaism but not to all faith or other world religions.

Rev 3:12 & Rev 2:17 The one who has an ear had better hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers, I will give him some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and on that stone will be written a new name that no one can understand except the one who receives it.’(NET)

Jesus is well known and not a hidden manna.

Exodus 3:15 God also said to Moses, “You must say this to the Israelites, ‘The Lord – the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob – has sent me to you. This is my name forever, and this is my memorial from generation to generation.’ ( NET)
Thus Jesus represent name forever, as a memorial from generation to generation?

Rev 19:12 His eyes are like a fiery flame and there are many diadem crowns on his head. He has a name written that no one knows except himself.(NET)

Description of eye and diadem crown fitted the description of Jesus Christ in Rev 1 but the name written cannot be Jesus…name written that no one knows except himself.

Regards.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Return to “General Bible Discussion”