Clearest Prophetic Fulfillments

IsaacJ

Clearest Prophetic Fulfillments

Post by IsaacJ » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Hey guys, when demonstrating to an unbeliever prophecies that have already been fulfilled from scripture, what's your short (3-5?) list of what you'd cover? Obviously some prophecies require a lot more explanation or draw a lot more criticism, so we want the clearest ones.

Thanks for your input.

Candlepower

Re: Clearest Prophetic Fulfillments

Post by Candlepower » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:39 pm

IsaacJ,

These passages contain fulfilled prophecy, but there are others that may suit your purpose better. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of good suggestions.

Isaiah 53 — the crucifixion (hundreds of years prior)
Ezekiel 26 — the fall of Tyre (hundreds of years prior)
Luke 21 — the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD (about 40 years prior)

Candlepower

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:00 pm

For me Isaiah 53 has it all,

Righteous suffering servant dies for the sins of others yet will see his offspring!

Here we have death and resurrection of Messiah, the heart of Christianity unambigously prophecied. Why do jewish scholars not see Jesus? Generally they claim"He" is Israel which had been talked about a lot by Isaiah previously, but here we have a righteous servant dying and Duet 27-28 says Israel if she would be righteous would be blessed not killed and God does not contradict himself.

Daniel 9.25-27 is also very good, clearly saying the Messiah would come before the destruction of the temple in 70AD, and you could calculate around when he would have his ministry.

charleswest

Post by charleswest » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:17 am

IsaacJ wrote:Hey guys, when demonstrating to an unbeliever prophecies that have already been fulfilled from scripture, what's your short (3-5?) list of what you'd cover? Obviously some prophecies require a lot more explanation or draw a lot more criticism, so we want the clearest ones.

Thanks for your input.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
How about this? Start with Acts 8:27, Philip and the Ethiopian, which automatically goes to Isaiah,
thereby revealing the Old in the New all at the same time.

Seems to be an Easy Yoke and a Light Burden :)
“I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views... ” Abraham Lincoln. Excerpt from a letter to Horace Greeley. 22 August 1862
= = = =
Be Blessed. We Are Loved...
cw

Return to “General Bible Discussion”