Demonic oppression recently

Angels & Demons
willowtree

Re: Demonic oppression recently

Post by willowtree » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:52 am

Ian wrote:Graeme wrote:
Begin to take back from Satan your home, your health, your wife's health, your bus driving, and any other events that you believe are related to Satan's interference.
If you were in my shoes, Graeme, what shape would that take? For example would you fast (even if you felt you weren`t expressly told to)?

There are some people who believe that all humans have demons lodged in them that need delivering.* Would you, if for example you felt you had an inordinate "spirit" of fear about your circumstances, attempt self-deliverance ?
I ask because I have attempted that more than once, but strongly so on Sunday. And what was my unruly charge`s choice communication for today in the bus?: "out! no; out! no."

* eg this guy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4RugGf4JI
By taking back these areas in your life, I am looking at this from the stance that there is something in this (these) situation that is compromising (or attacking) your spiritual security in Christ. The task is to find out what they are and shut off any access that Satan may have. This, in a sense, is a defence tactic, but is vital for you to have a strong sense of who you are in Christ, and what territory you may firmly stand on. Paul talks about this in Eph 6, ("and having done all, to stand") and seems to indicate that this is all there is to do.

Here are some of the things I would pursue as you work towards this.

1. Immerse yourself in the bible stories of those who have been where you are and found victory. In our lives, 2 Chronicles 20 was a popular place to return to. From this we discovered that praise was a significant forerunner of victory. From Ephesians 6 we were reminded to "stand firm", from Psalm 24 we were encouraged to 'lift up our heads" and from 2 Kings 6 we were told to "open our eyes". This three we jokingly referred to as spiritual calisthenics. Another favourite, and from which God gave my wife and me promises in our situation was Psalm 91. All these gave us great encouragement as to our position in Christ and his sovereignty over all evil.
2. Pray. In your quiet moments with God, ask him to reveal any loopholes in your life that may allow access to Satan to breach your security in Christ. Repent as you need to. "Put off" those things that need to go, in a decisive manner, but also "put on" that which is opposite to fill the void. If fear, for example, needs to go, then ask the Lord to replace it with boldness and courage (a good early church tactic). You mentioned fasting. We never did as such, but we did do some things that indicated our desperation and concern for what was happening that we did not like. One was to meet for prayer every week on a given night to pray for the situation and all those connected or involved with it. The group of concern has been disbanded for many years now, but we, my wife and I, still have prayer every week for these people. I hope that some reading this will covenant to stand beside you in prayer as you see the strong arm of the Lord unfold. I will.
3. Let go. Some of our hardest struggles will be to let God have control of various areas of our lives. But of all the people or beings that are worthy of your trust, none will compare with God - yet we still struggle over this.
4. Remember whose side you are on. From time to time I go back and read about Joshua (end of ch 5), where God told Joshua that he was not on Joshua's team, but that Joshua was on His! A significant difference.
5. Bring every comment, made by anyone, of a spiritual nature, to the Lord for his assessment. In your last post, you mentioned
your concern for your wife, and related a comment from your bus kid right after. I say this lovingly, as it is close to your heart, but, I hope that you are not allowing the comment to influence your concern for your wife.

My prayer is that this will lead you to new levels of spiritual confidence, where you will see the presence of God at work, and where you will see the activity and influence of evil disappear.

I had a look at the video link you provided and have some concerns about what was being proposed.But I will leave that for another time.

May God bless your richly.

Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Ian

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Thank you Willowtree. You and Dizerner have been very caring and helpful.

You wrote:
I say this lovingly, as it is close to your heart, but, I hope that you are not allowing the comment to influence your concern for your wife.
I`m not too sure what you mean by this, but what has unruffled me about his input is that his supernatural "words of knowledge" have nosed into aspects of my private life, including my relationship to my marriage, that I had already tried to address through repentance to the best of my ability.
I don`t want to say more on an open forum like this and will pm you and Dizerner.

Ian

Post by Ian » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:44 am

Willowtree and Dizerner, I decided a pm containing a long lament about our health woes was not the best course, but have instead been inspired by the 2 Chronicles 20 story you quoted.
I have had some results already. Today in the bus:
My clairvoyant child: "Ian, stop stopping me"
Me: "what do you mean, I`m not"
Him: "yes you are"
Another child, an autistic Rumanian boy, has started saying to me "good job!"
You couldn`t make this up, lol.
I hope this spills over into benefits to my wife`s health, please Lord.

willowtree

Post by willowtree » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Ian wrote:Willowtree and Dizerner, I decided a pm containing a long lament about our health woes was not the best course, but have instead been inspired by the 2 Chronicles 20 story you quoted.
I have had some results already. Today in the bus:
My clairvoyant child: "Ian, stop stopping me"
Me: "what do you mean, I`m not"
Him: "yes you are"
Another child, an autistic Rumanian boy, has started saying to me "good job!"
You couldn`t make this up, lol.
I hope this spills over into benefits to my wife`s health, please Lord.
Praise the Lord. I am encouraged by your response.

The big lesson in 2 Chronicles 20 for us was to get our attention away from the magnitude of the problem and on to the greater power and sovereignty of God through praise. Whatever you are doing that is helping, keep at it.

Ian wrote: You wrote:
I say this lovingly, as it is close to your heart, but, I hope that you are not allowing the comment to influence your concern for your wife.
I`m not too sure what you mean by this, but what has unruffled me about his input is that his supernatural "words of knowledge" have nosed into aspects of my private life, including my relationship to my marriage, that I had already tried to address through repentance to the best of my ability.
I don`t want to say more on an open forum like this and will pm you and Dizerner.
When we become involved at an intense level of praying and seeking answers, we have a natural tendency to examine and question everything we encounter to see if in any way it speaks to our situation. So when bus-kid makes some comment way beyond his kid-level understanding, you are immediately put on alert as to what he said. So far, this is simply natural. What happens after that can become problematic. Satan would dearly love to be a spokesman for God, but he cannot and must not be trusted in this (or any) role. Paul has a solution to this in 2 Corinthians 10:5 (see also the context of this verse) where he admonishes us to 'take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ'.

This solution also applies to whatever bus-kid has disclosed about your personal life, because under the provisions of our salvation in Christ, those things that we have repented of and brought to the cross are forgiven and done with (Psalm 103). Removed from us as far as the east is from the west. The 'justification' aspect of our forgivenness means that we can stand before God 'just-as-if-we-had-never-sinned'.

My encouragement to you is to resolve that every comment made on the bus is rejected in your mind (held captive) until you have opportunity to lay it before the Lord to determine it's redemptive value, if any. If it has no redemptive value then it should be discarded entirely. If there is any redemptive value, then allow the Lord to instruct you accordingly.

Continuing to pray for you,
Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Thank you Graeme, both for your posts and your prayers.

I was slow to discern what was going on because a) he can be very cute and b) some of his early comments did seem to have redemptive value.
For example he described my wife`s minimal side-effects to the chemo as "amazing" (I finally twigged the link because once when he started saying that, I asked him "is it you that`s amazing?"; he replied "nein, ohne kotzen" ie "no, not being sick").He`d been saying "ohne kotzen" for months, but it took my question to him for me to make the connection.
He oft repeated a strange word "blunner" in exhortative fashion. I finally googled it. It means "eating only one meal a day because you`re too busy to stop to eat - as in beakfast lunch dinnner combined. Here I was being addressed using a word in my language that I didn`t even know. While a "blunner" approach will do for wordly ambitious people, such a level of busyness would be injurious to a man`s spiritual walk. However Satan well knows I have long been dissatisfied with this driving work (for $ reasons) but am ill-equipped in this foreign country to find something better, other than what I could do as a self-employed photographer/film-maker. To make a living at that though, I`d have to really pull out the stops. I want to do it, but not in current circumstances.
I could go on and on, describing communications like this, but I ceased to be fascinated once I knew what the source was.

I have a 5-week break from driving him due to school hols. I have considered asking for a different set of kids for the new school year, am not sure.

Return to “Angelology & Demonology”