What are your thoughts concerning universalism?

End Times
Paidion

Re: What are your thoughts concerning universalism?

Post by Paidion » Wed May 12, 2021 7:22 pm

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.

1Timothy 4:10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people.
(Bolding mine)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jeremiah

Re: What are your thoughts concerning universalism?

Post by jeremiah » Tue May 18, 2021 11:52 am

dwight92070 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:50 pm
It seems that Jesus gave such strong warnings of entering hell, that it would be a sin to give someone hope that he could repent after death. What if it's too late? Oops, sorry, I guess I was wrong. Wouldn't the person who gave him that hope bear some guilt also?
Hello Dwight,

when you say, "give someone hope that he could...," do you mean a CU proponent by default must be saying that, as in CU can/should be reduced to that, or do you mean if a christian who explicitly includes that hope as part of their discussion/evangelism with an unbeliever?

If it's the first, i think then that all three views of hell can be reduced to this sort of charge at some point in their claims. If it's the second, I agree, though I hope and believe in CU, I think our gospel presentation must emphasize our immanent need for Jesus' salvation. I think this is more to do though with a christian's view of sin and darkness, not how he may view the nature of final judgement.
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Return to “Eschatology”