Amil view of Mark of the Beast?

End Times
dwilkins

Re: Amil view of Mark of the Beast?

Post by dwilkins » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:30 pm

TheEditor wrote:Hi Doug,

So you believe that this is a literal raising to life of those that died at the hand of Nero or whomever, during a literal 42 months of tribulation on Jerusalem, and to no others?

Regards, Brenden.
Basically. The first resurrection is associated directly with the mark of the Beast. And, that mark is only given during the 42 months that the Beast is active leading up to the climax of the Tribulation. The apostles (who will sit on thrones judging) and those martyred during this period are described as reigning "forever" per Daniel 7 and Revelation 22. I see this section in Revelation 20 as a parallel to that story.

But, I don't expect you to follow my proposal. I'm sure, as usual, you'll make some sort of condescending comment about the fact that it can't be true.

Of course, no one has explained how John 5 gets imported into Revelation 20:4, and how a precisely described class of people (martyrs who don't take the mark) can be spiritualized to mean all believers anywhere in history. As far as the mark goes, I think it's extremely important that it is only described as being obligated in that final 42 months. I don't think Amillennialism has a very good explanation for this.

Doug

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:53 pm

But, I don't expect you to follow my proposal. I'm sure, as usual, you'll make some sort of condescending comment about the fact that it can't be true.

Hi Doug,

It's good to see you have a sense of humor. I was beginning to wonder if you don't take yourself and your views a bit too seriously. ;)

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Quilter2

Post by Quilter2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:38 am

Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but we are getting off in the weeds a bit. If you spiritualize the mark of the beast, what do you do with the inability to buy and sell?

Thanks,
Paula

steve

Post by steve » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:17 am

The inability to buy and sell represents social ostracism and other forms of persecution. People who serve Satan persecute those who do not think and act as they do. It is similar to the way Nazi-controlled Germans boycotted Jewish shops. An example of this in our time is when pro-gay-marriage activists called for a boycott of Chick-fil-A, Hobby Lobby and "Duck Dynasty."

Boycott is only one form of persecution, but it is mentioned to represent the whole phenomenon, just as Revelation similarly speaks of all forms of martyrdom under the single image of those "beheaded" for Christ. Not all martyrdom takes the form of decapitation, and not all social persecution takes the form of boycott, but these examples stand-in to represent the whole class of similar actions.

dwilkins

Post by dwilkins » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Quilter2 wrote:Sorry to interrupt the discussion, but we are getting off in the weeds a bit. If you spiritualize the mark of the beast, what do you do with the inability to buy and sell?

Thanks,
Paula
I think it would be helpful if you defined "spirtualize".

Doug

Return to “Eschatology”