Regarding the numbering of the beast of Revelation 13:18

End Times
Paidion

Re: Regarding the numbering of the beast of Revelation 13:18

Post by Paidion » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 pm

If the extant letters attributed to Ignatius (A.D 30-107) are genuine and not interpolated (which I doubt), then regarding the Bishop as one would God Himself was practised VERY early in the Christian assemblies:
Now the more any one sees the bishop keeping silence, the more ought he to revere
him. For we ought to receive every one whom the Master of the house sends to be over His
household, as we would do Him that sent him. It is manifest, therefore, that we should
look upon the bishop even as we would upon the Lord Himself
. And indeed Onesimus
himself greatly commends your good order in God, that ye all live according to the truth,
and that no sect has any dwelling-place among you. Nor, indeed, do ye hearken to any
one rather than to Jesus Christ speaking in truth. (Epistle to the Ephesians ch.6)
Other letters attributed to Ignatius contain similar words urging believers to regard the Bishop as they would God.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Eschatology”