Modern day Israel and prophecy

End Times
dwilkins

Re: Modern day Israel and prophecy

Post by dwilkins » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:58 am

steve7150 wrote: As far as we can tell at this date, they were absorbed through intermarriage into the population. So, presuming that some specific minimum percentage of Israelite blood (10%? 5%? 1%?) makes them eligible for the promises of Abraham, that means that these people would have just as much claim to the land as the Jews who immigrated there from Europe in the last 100 years. I'd be very interested in his take on the right of return in modern time for the 10 tribes.

My idea of a Jew is someone who accepted the Sinatic Covenant offered by God to anyone including "strangers." "This day you have become a people" meaning a people in covenant with God. As far as Israel having land promises, i have no opinion on that. They are simply there , living on that land and their enemies with one accord wish to "cut them off from being a nation."
Though the term Jew is usually used generically for people under the Mosaic Law, it is actually more nuanced than that. You might find looking into that to be interesting. I mentioned land promises because that is the foundation for Zionism and both Christian and Jewish assumptions that they have a right to the land. The only rationale for them taking back that particular land (as opposed to part Africa, where they also considered settling) is that there is an assumption that God gave it to them so they are entitled to it. My point is that there 10 other tribes entitled to it as well. I wonder what would happen if, regardless of religion (being a Jew today is supposedly based on physical lineage, and most Jews in Israel today are self-professed atheists), members of those other 10 tribes decided they had a transcendent right to the land as well. In fact, the Biblical references to the regather of Israel includes these 10 tribes. And, if it is a potential fulfillment of prophecy for them to return before converting, as Zionism requires, then it would have to be that at some point the regathering of all Israel would be one where people of numerous Muslim nations flood into the land and take it over. It would only be after this that they convert.

You are right that they are a nation, and so all of the above aside there are certain practicalities that we have to deal with. I would prefer that no one be wiped out. But, as Shlomo Sand (a Jewish professor critical of Zionism) points out the best way to go forward is probably a one state solution where everyone living in the area is one nation under one set of rules. Because of demographics (the Jews in the region being radically out bread), he doesn't see any other option. I'm not sure how that would possibly work at this point, but the only other option would seem to be Israel eventually being over run by her neighbors. It might also be an interesting question for the person in the OP to ask what would happen to our view of Christianity if that were to happen.

Doug

robbyyoung

Re: Modern day Israel and prophecy

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Hi Douglas,

Wow! This is a lot of information to address. I would like to start with the Brother’s first presupposition which is, “THEY” being of Abrahamic descent.

Brother James Rochford, said, “In recent years, THEY were reestablished as a nation against all odds.”

Well, “THEY” must first be challenged as being the descendants of Abraham.

Don K.Preston wrote in (Israel 1948 Countdown To Nowhere), John Bray in his book (Israel) gives excellent evidence showing the majority of “so-called Jews” are actually of Ashkenazi descent, and that means, unequivocally, that they are of Gentile origin. Take a look at The Encyclopedia Britannica (1973), Vol. 12, 1054, it says, “The findings of physical anthropology show that, contrary to popular view, there is no Jewish race.” Also, Jewish scholar and editor, Dr. Camille Honig, said, “It is sheer nonsense…as well as unscientific to speak of a Jewish race.” Lastly, renowned anthropologist Dr. A. L. Kroeber wrote. “The only fundamentally peculiar element in Zionism is that proponent Jews are not a full nationality and have not been for 2000 years. It is a religion and religious customs…that at the same time held Jews together and segregated them from the rest of the world.”

Therefore, are the people calling themselves Israel today, in fact, the descendants of Abraham?

I haven’t search the matter out myself, but Don and others believe there is strong evidence the Ashkenazi comprise the majority of Israel today. Ashkenaz was the firstborn son of Gomer who was the firstborn son of Japheth. But, the Abrahamic seed came from Shem not Japheth. Furthermore, the Ashkenazi people, who were inhabitants of the territory north of the Caucasian mountains and around the Caspian Sea, were converts to Judaism in the 8th Century!

Therefore, “THEY” is fundamentality challenged as a foundation to being of Abraham’s lineage to possess “The Land” or “The Promises”. But as we will see, the evidence will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the preponderance of evidence falsifies ALL claims that “Israel today”, is of any importance to biblical prophecy.

God Bless.

Return to “Eschatology”