When is the end of the age?

End Times
dwilkins

Re: When is the end of the age?

Post by dwilkins » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 pm

I'd suggest that we are in the age described below, starting with the destruction of the Temple:

Isa 66:6 "The sound of an uproar from the city! A sound from the temple! The sound of the LORD, rendering recompense to his enemies!
Isa 66:7 "Before she was in labor she gave birth; before her pain came upon her she delivered a son.
Isa 66:8 Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Shall a land be born in one day? Shall a nation be brought forth in one moment? For as soon as Zion was in labor she brought forth her children.
Isa 66:9 Shall I bring to the point of birth and not cause to bring forth?" says the LORD; "shall I, who cause to bring forth, shut the womb?" says your God.
Isa 66:10 "Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice with her in joy, all you who mourn over her;
Isa 66:11 that you may nurse and be satisfied from her consoling breast; that you may drink deeply with delight from her glorious abundance."
Isa 66:12 For thus says the LORD: "Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees.
Isa 66:13 As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
Isa 66:14 You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like the grass; and the hand of the LORD shall be known to his servants, and he shall show his indignation against his enemies.
Isa 66:15 "For behold, the LORD will come in fire, and his chariots like the whirlwind, to render his anger in fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
Isa 66:16 For by fire will the LORD enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.
Isa 66:17 "Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go into the gardens, following one in the midst, eating pig's flesh and the abomination and mice, shall come to an end together, declares the LORD.
Isa 66:18 "For I know their works and their thoughts, and the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and shall see my glory,
Isa 66:19 and I will set a sign among them. And from them I will send survivors to the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, who draw the bow, to Tubal and Javan, to the coastlands far away, that have not heard my fame or seen my glory. And they shall declare my glory among the nations.
Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brothers from all the nations as an offering to the LORD, on horses and in chariots and in litters and on mules and on dromedaries, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, says the LORD, just as the Israelites bring their grain offering in a clean vessel to the house of the LORD.
Isa 66:21 And some of them also I will take for priests and for Levites, says the LORD.
Isa 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make shall remain before me, says the LORD, so shall your offspring and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 From new moon to new moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, declares the LORD.
Isa 66:24 "And they shall go out and look on the dead bodies of the men who have rebelled against me. For their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

You'll notice that it starts with a calamity from the Temple (cf. Rev 16:1 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple telling the seven angels, "Go and pour out on the earth the seven bowls of the wrath of God."). In chapters 40-66, but very clearly in chapters 65-66, the enemy is those of the Old Covenant who've become apostate idolaters. Those who rejoice legitimately with Jerusalem are the good guys (cf. Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal gathering). Those who were idolators in v.14 were the bad guys (cf. Mar 9:48 'where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched.'). In v.16, God bring his his wrath on his enemies (cf. Mat 23:32-36 Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell? Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.). After Jerusalem was destroyed, we see history moving forward in v.19-22. In this period, which is indefinite in scripture, per v.19 those who survive the calamity of the destruction of God's enemies will go out to parts of the world they'd never heard of, and who'd never heard of God, and make new priests and Levites from them (somethings categorically impossible under the Old Covenant). Critically, verse 22 is connected to Isa 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness. "). In other words, the New Heavens and New Earth is the new world under the new people of God (the faithful remnant of the Old Covenant plus those from the rest of the globe they evangelize). But, v.24 declares those who crossed God under the Old Covenant are a permanent memorial to what happens when me do so.

Doug

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Paidion wrote:The final scripture about "the end of the age" is within what is called, "The Great Commission" in which Christ promised to be with His disciples until "the end of the age," in other words, "until He comes again."

Matt 28:19,20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.
Hi Paidion,

Good job breaking down "The Kingdom" age utilizing partial preterist's truths, however, my understanding as a full preterist would disagree on the timing and consummation of the text. For example, Matt 28:19-20 is dealing with the Disciples and Jesus said, I will be with "YOU" unto the end of the age. This is in direct relations to Matt 24:14, a sign "the disciples" were to look for; Matt 28:19-20 harmonizes and Colossians 1:5-6, Colossians 1:23, Rom 10:18, Rom 16:26, Rom 1:8 confirms the soon consummation of the kingdom age based on the fulfillment of this sign.

Basically, since the disciples were included in the timing of this and all other eschatological events found in Matt 24, I see no other explanation for a 1st Century fulfillment.

But without straying away from brother Jaydam's post, I hope the posted scriptures given by all of us will aid him in his questions. God Bless!
Last edited by robbyyoung on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Since the number 7 is used often, maybe the year 2100 will be interesting.

Why do many people believe the generation is alive now that will see Jesus return?

Others think the last Pope is in office.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Eschatology”