Amillennial Theology of Rewards?

End Times
Troy

Amillennial Theology of Rewards?

Post by Troy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 am

Is there a rewards system in A-millennial theology, whether during this age or the age to come?

darinhouston

Re: Amillennial Theology of Rewards?

Post by darinhouston » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:54 pm

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see one's millennial position to bear on this -- it seems to be a completely separate issue neither incompatible with nor required by any of the millennial views I'm aware of.

steve

Re: Amillennial Theology of Rewards?

Post by steve » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 pm

That would be my opinion as well. The different millennial positions do not necessarily differ from one another upon the issues of the eternal state. That is where, I believe, rewards would be relevant.

The premillennial view might assign rewards to the millennial kingdom, which is expected to precede the eternal state. If so, then I am not sure how their eternal rewards will transition between the millennium and the eternal state. It may be thought (by millennialists) that one carries his millennial reward with him across the boundary into the eternal state (and, if millennialism is true, this would not be an unreasonable suggestion).

The amillennial view sees no millennium intervening between the present time and the eternal state. The latter begins when Jesus returns, and continues forever. On this view, the rewarding of the saints occurs at the second coming, at the commencement of the eternal condition (Matt.16:27; 25:31ff / Rev.20:12-15).

Return to “Eschatology”