devastation to the jews

End Times
_4 blessings

devastation to the jews

Post by _4 blessings » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:05 am

I believe Revelation says that the prophecy it describes will be the worst devastation the Jews will ever experience. I heard the number of Jews killed in AD 70 was about 1.1 million, but 6 million Jews were killed in Nazi concentration camps. Is the worst yet to come?

Blessings!
Nicole
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Blessings!

Nicole

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:19 am

Hi Nicole,

Actually, the book of Revelation does not necessarily say that it is describing a “worst ever” disaster…though I think that 70 AD was indeed the worst event in Jewish history, from the standpoint of the Jews. It was the end of their nation, the permanent abolition of their religious system, the massacre of about a third of their global population, and the scattering of their people to the four winds, resulting in every horrendous holocaust and pogrom that the Jews have experienced ever since. I don’t think the devastation can be measured in terms of the “body count” alone.

In speaking of the same event, however, Jesus did say, “there shall be a time of tribulation such as never was since there was a nation, no, nor ever shall be.” This may sound like Jesus is predicting an event of unique severity (and perhaps He is), but the phrases that lead us to think this are very common expressions of hyperbole, used in the Bible for emphasis, but not necessarily intended quite literally.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:01 pm

Steve wrote:It was the end of their nation, the permanent abolition of their religious system, the massacre of about a third of their global population, and the scattering of their people to the four winds,..........
One scripture I think predicts this is in Hebrews.

Hebrews 8

13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Todd
Reason:

Return to “Eschatology”