Former Mid-Acts Dispensationalist

End Times
__id_367

Former Mid-Acts Dispensationalist

Post by __id_367 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:18 am

I was a former mid-acts dispensationalist. Believing that God has a temporarily unfinished earthly plan for the nation of Israel and a mystery heavenly interim plan which He introduced through the Apostle Paul.
I was taught that Paul was our Apostle for today and that all Scripture other than the Pauline epistles were written for us but not to us Christians today. I had questions that this approach answered and some it didn't.
Most of the Bible teaching centered around comparing what the Pauline letters taught with what the rest of Scriptures taught. I Still believe this to be true as I wouldn't think of offering a burnt sacrifice today or that I would be sinning if I ate pork. But, after seeing this difference, I wanted to go on to the meat of what Paul taught. I've been listening to Steve's wonderful teaching on "Cultivating Christian Character". I don't recall ever hearing this taught while studying with dispensationalists. They are very good people, but I think they spend entirely too much time talking about the differences of Paul's teaching with other Scripture instead of the meat of what Paul taught for Christians seeking to mature in Christ. I just want to follow Christ as Paul followed Christ
Any thoughts? Also, does anyone know if recordings of Steve's recent studies in Acts are being made available?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Eschatology”