Not Forsaking Our Own Assembling Together

The Church
Paidion

Re: Not Forsaking Our Own Assembling Together

Post by Paidion » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:06 pm

Dwight wrote:I think you should start a New Topic: Let's All Attack Dwight for His Method of Debating
Paidion wrote: You must have a persecution complex, Dwight! In this thread, not one person has written a word against you in any way!
Dwight wrote:Obviously you didn't read Darin's post, Tues. June 1, 2021 7:19 p.m.
I did read it. And because of your statement above, I reread it. Darin did NOT attack you!
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:15 pm

backwoodsman wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:56 pm
dwight92070 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:21 pm
Dwight - I would love to have your continued input, but if I can't defend myself against uncalled for condemnation, without people dropping out, then so be it. I would think you would do the same.
I don't know if you've noticed, but most here don't interact on the basis of attacking and defending. But that's always seemed to be your preferred way of relating to others, especially those with whom you disagree, as long as I remember you being here. If that's what you want, you might find any of a number of other forums more to your liking. Of course you're welcome to stay, but if you do, I hope you pay more attention to, and learn from, Darin's efforts to guide you toward a more profitable (and more Christlike) way of interacting.
Dwight - Could you give me examples of my attacking someone? The only thing that comes to mind was when it appeared that someone had deleted some of my posts, without my knowledge. As it turned out, Darin had moved them to a New Topic. I had no idea that they had been moved. nor where they were. Yes, I called whoever did that a thief, which would be true, if that had been what actually happened. I did not specifically name any person as the offender, because I did not know. But I was accused of making a false accusation anyway, once it became clear what had happened. More recently, I suggested that there had been foul play, when the words of the Septuagint were drastically different than the words of the Dead Sea Scrolls. I said that that was the work of the devil, which again, IS TRUE. When I suspected that the Jews had done that, I was told that I was too quick to judge - but it turned out that I was right.

Dwight - So if someone steals something, are they not a thief? Or if someone tampers with the word of God, are they not in league with the devil?
I call a spade a spade. You may think of that as attacking, but it's not. Also, we should keep in mind that there is a difference between rebuking, which we are told to do in the Bible, and attacking.

Dwight - In fact, I could tell you that your accusation against me that "attacking and defending" is my "preferred way of relating to others" is, itself, an attack on me. Because that is not true, and I am offended that you would even say that. Even if I was guilty of attacking someone, (and if I am, I will apologize and ask their forgiveness) to say that attacking is my PREFERRED way of relating to others, as if I ALWAYS DO THAT, is totally untrue and uncalled for.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:57 pm

This is something I really only explore here in what "used to be" a fairly safe place to sharpen steel and test "dangerous" and even "scandalous" thoughts and ideas.

Dwight - So I am accused here of making the Bible Forum an UNSAFE place to sharpen steed and test thoughts and ideas. Why, because I challenge your opinions?

So, that's why your condemnation

Dwight - How have I condemned you?

and shotgun blasts to derail discussion of specific issues can be so hurtful.

Dwight - By "shotgun blasts", I assume you are referring to my several posts, where each one is a different passage with more evidence for what I believe. You presume to know my motives here - "to derail discussion of specific issues". That is not correct. That is a false accusation against me. Even if I were to post 100 separate times with what I see as more evidence, nothing is stopping you from zeroing in on one specific issue and discussing that to your hearts content. No one is forcing you to answer every post.

In contrast

Dwight - TO ME, of course

I have enjoyed the sober-minded and thoughtful posts of StevenD lately as exactly the sort of thing I seek.

Dwight - The obvious implication is that MY POSTS ARE NOT SOBER-MINDED OR THOUGHTFUL. If that is not an attack on me, then I don't know what is.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:17 am

Dwight wrote:I have enjoyed the sober-minded and thoughtful posts of StevenD lately as exactly the sort of thing I seek.

Dwight - The obvious implication is that MY POSTS ARE NOT SOBER-MINDED OR THOUGHTFUL. If that is not an attack on me, then I don't know what is.
Even if someone had directly said to you that your posts are not sober-minded or thoughtful, that would NOT be an attack. That person would be simply stating what he considered to be a fact about your posts.

But if someone had said to you, "You stupid ignoramus!" THAT would have been a personal attack.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:04 am

Paidion wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:17 am
Dwight wrote:I have enjoyed the sober-minded and thoughtful posts of StevenD lately as exactly the sort of thing I seek.

Even if someone had directly said to you that your posts are not sober-minded or thoughtful, that would NOT be an attack. That person would be simply stating what he considered to be a fact about your posts.

But if someone had said to you, "You stupid ignoramus!" THAT would have been a personal attack.

Dwight - Okay, if that's your definition of a personal attack, then please show me ONE time where I have personally attacked anyone on this forum.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:34 pm

dwight92070 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:15 pm
Dwight - Could you give me examples of my attacking someone? The only thing that comes to mind was when it appeared that someone had deleted some of my posts, without my knowledge. As it turned out, Darin had moved them to a New Topic. I had no idea that they had been moved. nor where they were. Yes, I called whoever did that a thief, which would be true, if that had been what actually happened. I did not specifically name any person as the offender, because I did not know. But I was accused of making a false accusation anyway, once it became clear what had happened. More recently, I suggested that there had been foul play, when the words of the Septuagint were drastically different than the words of the Dead Sea Scrolls. I said that that was the work of the devil, which again, IS TRUE. When I suspected that the Jews had done that, I was told that I was too quick to judge - but it turned out that I was right.

Dwight - So if someone steals something, are they not a thief? Or if someone tampers with the word of God, are they not in league with the devil?
I call a spade a spade. You may think of that as attacking, but it's not. Also, we should keep in mind that there is a difference between rebuking, which we are told to do in the Bible, and attacking.

Dwight - In fact, I could tell you that your accusation against me that "attacking and defending" is my "preferred way of relating to others" is, itself, an attack on me. Because that is not true, and I am offended that you would even say that. Even if I was guilty of attacking someone, (and if I am, I will apologize and ask their forgiveness) to say that attacking is my PREFERRED way of relating to others, as if I ALWAYS DO THAT, is totally untrue and uncalled for.
<sigh> Well, at least I can say, thank you for illustrating my point so well. But I'd hoped against hope for a better response.

"The religion of the Bible does not require great powers of mind to reach it, but deep humility of spirit to come down to its simplicity."
-Phoebe Palmer, Faith And Its Effects, 1849

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:24 pm

"First take the log out of your own eye ..."

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:21 pm

dwight92070 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:24 pm
"First take the log out of your own eye ..."
Since this is the second time you've cited that in recent days -- do you at least see the irony of someone who is accused of wrongdoing themselves using that verse against their own accuser?

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:05 pm

There's a saying, and I don't mean this in a rude way: Put up or shut up.

Put up the evidence of my "wrongdoing", or else stop accusing me of that wrongdoing. I have already answered some of your previous accusations, in my response to Backwoodsman, and in his response, he essentially said that I was continuing in my wrongdoing, to even defend myself. That is a lie. My defense was not an attack and he knows it and I think you do too. He also knows that when he accused me of PREFERRING attacks as my way of communicating with others, that he himself was attacking me and NOT telling the truth. Otherwise, like I said, produce the evidence of my wrongdoing.

You are the one who is always concerned about us getting off topic, and yet, for some time now, we have not been discussing the topic of this thread. Instead, you guys would rather shoot arrows at me. You, Paidon, and now Backwoodsman has joined in. Tell me, where is your Christian love and character that you're supposed to show? All I feel coming from you is hate, not love. I already told Backwoodsman that I would apologize to anyone who I have attacked, so produce the evidence so I can make it right. If there is no evidence, then stop shooting arrows at me and lets get on with what we're supposed to be doing here. What arrows, you ask? Just now, you labeled me as "the one accused of wrongdoing". Like I said before, you take every opportunity to get your "digs" in. Don't you think that that, in itself, is wrongdoing? Is it possible that you, Paidon, and Backwoodsman are doing wrong?

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:15 pm

By the way, let it be known that you, Darin, started this whole thing on your post on Tuesday, June 1 at 7:19 p.m. accusing me of "condemnation and using shotgun blasts to derail discussion ..." I started this New Topic, hoping that it would be beneficial to all, but when you got your "dig" in, it began to go downhill from there.

Return to “Ecclesiology”