All Israel Will Be Saved?

The Church
steve7150

Re: All Israel Will Be Saved?

Post by steve7150 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:35 pm

I say then, has God cast away His people? ... God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew.... Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.... What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

At this point we have to ask, are "the elect" and "the rest" both ethnic Israel? I'd say from context they both are subsets of ethnic Israel, by use of the word "the rest."

But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles... I magnify my ministry, if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

Again ethnic... and some are "cast away" but some will have "acceptance."

It seems to me that Paul who had made other statements that sound like CU in other places makes another one in a prophetic style. At the present time there was a remnant saved by grace but the rest (of ethnic Israel) was blinded. But because of the blindness/fall/casting away , salvation has come to the gentiles. "The rest were blinded" sounds like the group Paul refers to as "what will their acceptance" be but life from the dead. So the castaways, the blinded, the fallen will ultimately have "their acceptance" which is life from the dead and join "the reconciling of the world" which results in "Spiritual Israel" and "National/Ethnic Israel" or "All Israel" being saved. In other words "All Israel" simply sounds like everyone (or a large proportion) of mankind ultimately will be saved in the fullness of time.

Paidion

Re: All Israel Will Be Saved?

Post by Paidion » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Yes, Steve 7150, I have encountered that explanation, and I briefly espoused it. But I abandoned it in favour of the explanation I gave in this thread—one that now makes more sense to me.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Ecclesiology”