Your opinion on God’s Law.

Man, Sin, & Salvation
morbo3000

Re: Your opinion on God’s Law.

Post by morbo3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:18 pm

JacobMartinMertens wrote:
morbo3000 wrote:
JacobMartinMertens wrote:But that is not all there is to God's Law.
What is God's law?
God's Law has been used to refer to the Law of Moses. It is instruction from God.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
But you earlier said...
The Law of Moses is God's Law. But that is not all there is to God's Law.
What is this "Law of Moses+++" law that you call "God's law?" What is the +++ added?

And how should we live under it?
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:26 pm

morbo3000 wrote:
JacobMartinMertens wrote:
morbo3000 wrote:What is God's law?
God's Law has been used to refer to the Law of Moses. It is instruction from God.

1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NASB - 19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I may win more. 20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law. 22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some. 23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.
But you earlier said...
The Law of Moses is God's Law. But that is not all there is to God's Law.
What is this "Law of Moses+++" law that you call "God's law?" What is the +++ added?

And how should we live under it?
As a Christian you are not under the Law. The question then is if we should obey God's commands found in the Law. What is God's Law? The Law of Moses is God's Law. Is anything else God's Law? Should Christians obey, observe, keep, God's Law?

If God's Law is the Law of Moses, what is God's law? If God's law is different from the Law of Moses, includes the Law of Moses, or originated in from or as a part of God's Law, what does this mean for the Law of Moses which is God's Law?

Is God's Law the Law of Moses or is God's Law the Ten Commandments or the Torah or all of God's instruction found in the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Bible) or the Bible (all 66 books)?

There are Hebrew and Greek words translated as law.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:25 pm

Is God's Law...
A. the Law of Moses or is God's Law
B. the Ten Commandments or
C. the Torah or
D. all of God's instruction found in the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Bible) or
E. the Bible (all 66 books)?

What do you think? What's your opinion?
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:31 pm

morbo3000 wrote:
Is God's Law...
A. the Law of Moses or is God's Law
B. the Ten Commandments or
C. the Torah or
D. all of God's instruction found in the TaNaKh (the Hebrew Bible) or
E. the Bible (all 66 books)?

What do you think? What's your opinion?
All of the above.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Return to “Anthropology, Hamartiology, Soteriology”