Dual Natures

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
Otherness

Re: Dual Natures

Post by Otherness » Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:41 pm

Dwight>>>It goes without saying that you are free to speak any way you want. It's just that I (and I assume others) don't understand what you're saying. Do you not care if people don't understand what you're saying? What's the use of talking that way, if you're not understood.<<<

My purpose is to construct an understanding of the Trinity in a way that is “other” than the classical approach of history. This was stated clearly in my very first post almost 6 years ago, and in that it took me 25 years to learn to articulate it to myself, I take no issue with anyone's “questions.” The way it has been historically framed has left even Trinitarians somewhat “in suspense,” and has left the door open for some ( / many) to reject it on rational grounds.

Dwight>>>Listen to what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:9: "So also you, unless you utter by the tongue speech that is clear, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air." Paul is specifically referring to speaking in tongues here, but it still applies to us today. We all need to speak clear, simple English, so that we can get our message across. If we reject that, then we might as well be speaking in tongues to each other, which is total nonsense.<<<

The issue isn't that the words I use aren't clear and simple, but rather the way that I am using them to identify and describe spiritual ideas is “different.” Our minds are so conditioned (handicapped) by earthly, “material” reality; words just have a “carnal baggage” to them that weigh them down.

I keep referring to General Revelation because modern science is helping with this in its discovery that there is no (material) substance underlying the “physical” world. Physicists are struggling trying to describe how the non-material reality they have discovered at the base of our reality produces our (material) reality.

Now...none of this may matter at all to you, but it signals a total paradigm shift in the way (informed) humanity is thinking about the reality in which it is embedded. Words are being used in ways they haven't even been able to be used (rationally) before. For instance :

“The world just isn't ' there' independent of our observing it; what is ' there' depends in part on what we choose to see -- reality is partially created by the observer." (Heinz Pagels, The Cosmic Code: Quantum Physics as the Language of Nature).

If you could get even a glimpse from the outside of how I see this on the inside you would see a stunning SIMPLICITY that resolves the PROBLEM that has created (tens of) thousands of C(c)hristian denominations.

DWIGHT>>>So I'm reminding you that even Jesus didn't speak in a different manner to His apostles or followers than He did to His "non" followers and enemies. Sure, the content was different, but the plain manner of speaking didn't change.<<<

There is so much more to the “plain manner of speaking” of Jesus, and the “clear, simple language” of the Bible. Yes, the message of salvation even a child can “understand,” but there is also a height and depth and breath, and width to it that extends beyond the edges of Creation. I am interested in this.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:48 pm

To justify nonsense is itself nonsense. Our minds are not "handicapped by material reality". Our words are not "carnal baggage".

Paul and all the writers of scripture did not talk like you. Jesus Himself did not talk like you. Our "instruction manual" is the Bible. If your words do not sound like what is found in the Bible, written by godly men who love God, then we are left with no option, except to reject them. You show no inclination or desire to be understood, to the point of having an obsession.

I will quit trying to talk with you now, since you have no desire to change - there's no point in wasting my time or yours.

Homer

Post by Homer » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:30 pm

We would all do well to heed Paul's words:

Galatians 5:22-23
New American Standard Bible 1995
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23. gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Otherness

Post by Otherness » Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:52 pm

Dizerner>>>You might enjoy joining us at a newly opened Christian forum where you would be free to express your thoughts: https://bereanapologetics.community.forum/<<<

Thank you for the invitation, and, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post. I may look into it in the future, but in this season of life I feel like I've got enough to do already.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:08 am

Otherness wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:52 pm
Dizerner>>>You might enjoy joining us at a newly opened Christian forum where you would be free to express your thoughts: https://bereanapologetics.community.forum/<<<

Thank you for the invitation, and, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore your post. I may look into it in the future, but in this season of life I feel like I've got enough to do already.
Sure had time to post here, lol.

Take care.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”