God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
darinhouston

Re: Who is the Alpha & Omega?

Post by darinhouston » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:29 pm

backwoodsman wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:09 pm
dizerner wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:22 pm
I was told everything I posted was an “attack” even when others did the same thing.
So a completely different situation then, in fact more or less the opposite.

Anyway, those who have been interacting most with Dwight aren't in favor of booting him, so I'll go with that. Thank you guys for your comments. If I correctly understand what's been said, it seems clear that two of you don't completely understand the core of the issue. But I know Darin does, and also sees the issue much as I do, so his comments have the most impact on my decision.
I do think we should all be more active in calling him out from time to time, however, and hope that he can distinguish propriety over time.

Homer

Post by Homer » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:01 pm

I have been taken aback at times with the apparent harshness of some of Dwight's comments although I find myself in agreement with many of the opinions he has. Dwight appears to be zealous for what he sees as truth. Zeal is not a bad thing. The Pharisees were very zealous and Jesus didn't seem to ever criticize them for their zeal.

We would all do well to adhere to the old saying:

In essentials, unity; in opinions, liberty; and in all things, love.

We should all exercise charity toward our brothers and sisters, here and elsewhere, at all times. And as John wrote, if we are not united in love people will reject Jesus. it is that important.

John 17
20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Does Dwight appear to be unloving in what he posts here? Do I?

Is banning Dwight the loving thing to do?

Just my 2 cents.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:49 pm

Homer wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:01 pm
Does Dwight appear to be unloving in what he posts here? Do I?
At times, he does seem unloving - uncharitable and not just zealous for truth but zealous to shut down views he disagrees with instead of trying to understand them.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”