Are Sabbath Keeping and Circumcision part of The Law of Christ

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
Homer

Are Sabbath Keeping and Circumcision part of The Law of Christ

Post by Homer » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:27 pm

Commonsense,

You posted:
Homer wrote:
Who commanded Sabbath keeping? Circumcision? Are they still in effect?
Homer, God did. and yes they are still in effect.
The Sabbath is made for man, take a rest and remember the Lord your God.
As Moses said: "Therefore circumcise the foreskin of you hearts and be stiff-necked no longer.

If you want to discuss further, maybe start a new topic because I'd say that we are veering to far from the topic at hand.
We seem to be playing the old kid's game of dodgeball. I think you knew quite well I was referring to physical circumcision of men. Perhaps I was not clear enough so I will restate the questions:

Does God require, command, or direct males to have their foreskins removed and does He require Sabbath keeping, that being the seventh day of the week, in order to be saved, be in his favor, or be considered a Christian?

dwight92070

Re: Are Sabbath Keeping and Circumcision part of The Law of Christ

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 pm

Homer,

No, we are no longer under the law of Moses, so neither of those are required for salvation.

commonsense

Post by commonsense » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:45 am

Homer wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:27 pm
We seem to be playing the old kid's game of dodgeball. I think you knew quite well I was referring to physical circumcision of men. Perhaps I was not clear enough so I will restate the questions:
Homer, your'e right. And I think you know quite well the answers to what you were asking. And the reason why they have been cast out, is because they were of the "dark" and not of the light, the light being the TRUTH, the true knowledge and wisdom of God.

"The TRUTH will set you free."

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am

Commonsense,
Homer, your'e right. And I think you know quite well the answers to what you were asking.

Yes, I know the answers from a Christian perspective.

If you would truthfully answer direct questions it might set the discussion free. I've never tried to interact with anyone so evasive.

commonsense

Post by commonsense » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:24 am

Homer wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am
If you would truthfully answer direct questions it might set the discussion free. I've never tried to interact with anyone so evasive.
Homer, I agree that we should truthfully ask and answer the questions, if they are asked in all honesty and not just as a game of cat and mouse. I'm not trying to be evasive. I apologize if that's the feeling you get from me. As I said before, we can discuss if you want to, if not then that's okay.

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 am

Commonsense,

I asked two simple, straightforward questions which should be easy for you to answer:
Does God require, command, or direct males to have their foreskins removed and does He require Sabbath keeping, that being the seventh day of the week, in order to be saved, be in his favor, or be considered a Christian?
If you are unable or unwilling to answer we have no basis for further discussion.

commonsense

Post by commonsense » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:06 pm

Homer wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:51 am
I asked two simple, straightforward questions which should be easy for you to answer:
If you are unable or unwilling to answer we have no basis for further discussion.
Again a game??? No God doesn't require PHYSICAL circumcision as in surgically removing the foreskin of the male organ.
Yes. He requires circumcision of the heart.
No. He does not require keeping the Sabbath as stated in the Levitical law.
The Sabbath is made for man as is said in the New Testament.

The Sabbath is made for man, take a rest and remember the Lord your God.
As Moses said: "Therefore circumcise the foreskin of you hearts and be stiff-necked no longer.

Same answers I already gave.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Jesus Broke the Sabbath

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

The Following is Justin Martyr’s Explanation of the Sabbath to the Jews
(Justin was a Christian who lived from (A.D.110 – 165)

Righteous Men of Old Kept No Sabbaths

... all those righteous men already mentioned [Abel, Enoch, Noah,]  though they kept no Sabbaths, were pleasing to God; and after them Abraham with all his descendants until Moses... Chapter 19

..For if there was no need of circumcision before Abraham, or of the observance of Sabbaths, of feasts and sacrifices, before Moses; no more need is there of them now,...Chapter 23

Nature Does Not Observe Sabbath Days

Do you see that the elements are not idle, and keep no Sabbaths? Chapter 23
God Himself Does Not Observe the Sabbath Day

Think it not strange that we drink hot water on the Sabbaths, since God directs the government of the universe on this day equally as on all others.. Chapter 29

The True Israelites Are Those Who Come to God Through Christ

For the true spiritual Israel, and descendants of Judah, Jacob, Isaac, and Abraham (who in uncircumcision was approved of and blessed by God on account of his faith, and called the father of many nations), are we who have been led to God through this crucified Christ, as shall be demonstrated while we proceed. Chapter 11 (near the end)

We Are Now Required To Keep Sabbath Daily  By Resting From Sin and Working Righteousness

The new law requires you to keep perpetual sabbath, and you, because you are idle for one day, suppose you are pious, not discerning why this has been commanded you: and if you eat unleavened bread, you say the will of God has been fulfilled. The Lord our God does not take pleasure in such observances: if there is any perjured person or a thief among you, let him cease to be so; if any adulterer, let him repent; then he has kept the sweet and true sabbaths of God. If any one has impure hands, let him wash and be pure. Chapter 12 (at the end)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”