Are You a Unitrinian?

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
Paidion

Are You a Unitrinian?

Post by Paidion » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:07 pm

This post has arisen out of a dream I had last night. In my dream, I noticed that someone had written "Unutrinian" While yet dreaming, I said to myself, "That should be spelled "Unitrinian." Then I awoke, and thought, "Just what is a Unitrinian, anyway?" I've never heard of it.

I speculated that it might be a good label for a Modalist—one who believes God is one Person who expresses Himself in three modes, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. However, most modern Modalists don't accept the title "Modalist." They prefer to call their theology "Oneness theology."

Today I looked up the word "Unitrinian" on the internet. All I could find is that the "Unitrinian School of Personal Harmonizing" was founded by Mary King at Moonshine, Twilight Park, in the Catskills.
Nearly all the posts were about purchasing addresses to the graduating school of the "Unitrinian School of Personal Harmonizing", one source of which was asking $38.91 for such purchase.

But why would anyone purchase an address to the graduating school when you cannot find out anything about the school?

There was a reference on one of the sites to "Unitrinian theology." So I thought, "Now I'm getting somewhere!" So I googled "Unitrinian theology" but got nowhere. Google thought I mean "Unitarian theology."

If anyone can discover any more information about this topic, I would be greatly pleased if you would share it.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

darinhouston

Re: Are You a Unitrinian?

Post by darinhouston » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:33 pm

That's funny...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliss_Carman
Through Mrs. King's influence Carman became an advocate of 'unitrinianism,' a philosophy which "drew on the theories of François-Alexandre-Nicolas-Chéri Delsarte to develop a strategy of mind-body-spirit harmonization aimed at undoing the physical, psychological, and spiritual damage caused by urban modernity."[7] This shared belief created a bond between Mrs. King and Carman but estranged him somewhat from his former friends.[citation needed]

Seballius

Post by Seballius » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Paidion, you always have interesting posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm

Hi Darin, you wrote:Through Mrs. King's influence Carman became an advocate of 'unitrinianism,' a philosophy which "drew on the theories of François-Alexandre-Nicolas-Chéri Delsarte to develop a strategy of mind-body-spirit harmonization aimed at undoing the physical, psychological, and spiritual damage caused by urban modernity."[7] This shared belief created a bond between Mrs. King and Carman but estranged him somewhat from his former friends.[citation needed]
Thank you very much for this information.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:59 pm

Later, I found that I could download one of the free addresses to the graduates of the Unitrinian School of Personal Harmonizing. In reading this I discovered that Unitrinian purpose was to develop a strategy of spirit-soul-body harmonization. The school does not appear to be Christian, and by “spirit” is meant the intellectual, by “soul” the emotional, and “body” refers to bodily desires.

Then I wondered if there were any meaning to the fact that the word was spelled incorrectly in my vision. This is mere speculation, but I thought perhaps God was trying to show me that the Unitrinian school was in error in not applying Unitrinian thought to people in a Godly or Christian way, and that perhaps God wanted me to learn to harmonize my body, soul, and spirit (whatever God means by the terms) in my own life.
Paidion

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”