when Jesus died - what actually died?

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
21centpilgrim

Re: when Jesus died - what actually died?

Post by 21centpilgrim » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:38 am

Brother Alan, since this includes the basic concepts about the Trinity I will start a post about a basic part of the Trinity which is very unconvincing.
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Dear Brother Alan, you wrote: It seems to me that you, when making such assertions, are holding to the idea that, BEFORE this generation of the Son, God still existed BUT, yet, time did NOT…and, therefore, it seems to me that, implied in your theology, there is some notion of God existing without (outside of?) time.
First of all, I would like to say that I appreciate your respectful replies.

With regards to your statement above... no, I do not hold to "some notion of God existing without (outside of?) time." God did not exist BEFORE the generation of the Son simply because there was no "BEFORE" in which He could exist! But this statement of mine leads to the question, "How then, could He have generated the Son?" I must leave this alone, as one of the great divine mysteries. It is difficult or impossible to wrap our minds around it... but even more difficult, in my opinion, to wrap them around the concept of an infinite regression of time into the past—or some sort of existence "outside of time."
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

BrotherAlan

Post by BrotherAlan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Thanks, Paidion, for the kind words and for the explanation. God bless you.

I have some follow-up ideas, but I'll save those for the other thread on the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,
BrotherAlan
"Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and always, and unto the ages of ages. Amen."

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:06 am

Confessionalism is an innoculate to approaching God.

Regards, Brenden.
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”