"in heaven and on the earth and under the earth"

God, Christ, & The Holy Spirit
verbatim

Re: "in heaven and on the earth and under the earth"

Post by verbatim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 am

Candlepower wrote:Verbatim,

Thank you for your question.

Candlepower stated,
Normal human conception requires an egg cell and a sperm cell. In Jesus' case, there was no sperm cell involved. Instead, He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit.
Verbatim asked
Is this a biblical teaching?
I do believe this is Biblical teaching. Here's why. When the angel told Mary she was going to have a baby, she asked “How can this be, since I do not know a man?” (Luke 1:34). She was asking, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?" In Matthew 1:18, we are told that before Mary and Joseph had sexual intercourse, Mary was already pregnant. Joseph, naturally, was a bit concerned about that, and the angel helped him understand what was happening (Matthew 1:20). So Mary was a virgin who became pregnant without the the help of a man.

Conception (or fertilization) is the fusion of a sperm cell with an egg cell to produce a new organism. We know from Biblical testimony that In Mary's case, no sperm caused the conception. Therefore, it took a miracle for a virgin to conceive. That miracle was performed by the Holy Ghost (Luke 1:35). It happened outside of normal human biology.
I agree, on all the Scripture you quote but you interjected too much especially in the second paragraph of things which are according to Science or knowledge of man and I join this Forum not to study Biology but to the words of God.

However Thanks for your response.
Best regards.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:54 am

Yes, they are one but not the same, John3:6 John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Jesus is born and conceived by Mary, Christ is begotten by the Father Psalm 2:7, Hebrew 1:5

"Christ" means anointed one and Jesus was anointed at his baptism, i believe. Peter confirmed this by stating that Jesus was the Christ the Son of the living God.
Peter was speaking in the present tense and Jesus confirmed Peter's statement by saying that this revelation was given to Peter by Father God.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Steve7150 wrote:
"Christ" means anointed one and Jesus was anointed at his baptism, i believe.
Peter confirmed this by stating that Jesus was the Christ the Son of the living
God.

“Christ is the Messiah the Anointed One” and Jesus is a man like us which according to
his preaching John3:3 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he
cannot see the kingdom of God.
Being also a man and according to his doctrine that there no exemption he must also be born again, the question applied to all; How was Jesus born again?
James 1:18,21 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

James 1:21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with
meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

1Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were
added unto them about three thousand souls.
When Jesus received the Word John1:1 he was baptized by the Holy Spirit and obtained a more
excellent name and has been begotten by the Father. Hebrew 1:4-5 Being made so much better
than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

steve7150 wrote:
Peter was speaking in the present tense and Jesus confirmed Peter's statement by saying that this revelation was given to Peter by Father God.
Maybe Peter was speaking in present tense when he said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the
living God. “ But Christ is Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith
the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Maybe Peter was speaking in present tense when he said, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the
living God. “ But Christ is Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith
the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Yes Peter was speaking to Jesus and addressed him as "Christ" in the present tense. In Phil 2.7 i believe it says that he emptied himself of his divine attributes while he became a man. So he was the same being but while on earth became as a man.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:43 pm

steve7150 wrote:
Yes Peter was speaking to Jesus and addressed him as "Christ" in the present tense. In Phil 2.7 i believe it says that he emptied himself of his divine attributes while he became a man. So he was the same being but while on earth became as a man.
Why did Jesus emptied himself of divine attributes?( Phil 2:6-7)., while it is written that Christ abide forever John 12:34, Psalm 89:4Thy seed will I establish forever, and build up thy throne to all generations.

It was the will of the Father, John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
Jesus must empty himself the formed of God because he cannot accomplish his mission if he doesn’t die, because being in the formed of God he will not die. Phil 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Why thus Christ (the seed, Gal 3:16 ) must die?
John 12 :24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:29 am

Back to our topic "in heaven and on the earth and under the earth"

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above
every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and
things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
Jesus being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross and because of his obedient even until the death on the cross was exalted and given him a name which is above every name.

Jesus is a name given by angel before birth Matthew 1:21 Jesus after upholding all things by
the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right
hand of the Majesty on high; Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by
inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Hebrews 1:3-4

When Jesus was exalted by the Father, what was the excellent name did he inherited?
Jesus never preached his own name instead he said in John 5:43 I am come in my
Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will
receive.

Let us study the text showing the commandment to baptize, Acts 2:38 Then Peter said
unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for
the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Take note of the phrase “be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for
the remission of sins ” why not just say “be baptized every one of you in Jesus Christ
for the remission of sins” on which I think have the same meaning.

Are there something hidden in the word omitted “in the name”? Does it not point to
another Jesus name such as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent
name than they Hebrews 1:4 which is the name or a hidden manna he promises to
those who will be overcome. Rev 2 :17,& Rev 3:12

There is no Scripture Jesus teaching us to baptize in his name; but, Go ye therefore,
and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and
of the Holy Ghost: Matthew 28:19

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the
world:

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that
thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that
the scripture might be fulfilled

John 17:25-26 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known
thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them
thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in
them, and I in them.

In Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred
forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is
manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. And when all things shall be
subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject untohim that put all things under
him, that God may be all in all. 1 Corinthians 15:26-27

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD,
and his name one.

In view thereof that the name of the Lord will be one….what is the name ?O LORD our
Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1,9 (KJV)

Return to “Theology Proper, Christology, Pneumatology”