Rev 1:13 Paps means female breast!!

darinhouston

Re: Rev 1:13 Paps means female breast!!

Post by darinhouston » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:42 am

SouthernNYer wrote:
It is probably something close to what you say.. I have read through Daniel and also Steve's books and classes many times.. a vast resource of info but no, he doesn't mention this ..
The reason this "could" be a problem is the fact that Revelation was almost not in our Bible.. as you probably know, it was the last or one of the last books approved.. and it just ties in too closely with Gnostic and pagan beliefs about androgynous gods..
I am, at this point, still accepting the book as inspired scripture, but this really got me thinking.. We know that there were some changed made to certain books.. I know Steve's teaching on this, and we agree with each other for the most part.. I do have some differences in my belief but not enough to mention.. I trust that Steve is teaching us as much truth as he knows.. which is quite a lot.. and all the people here, like yourself, Paidon and many others as well are very well versed..I am studying Greek as well.. far from an expert right now.. but I want to learn Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic.. but this was easy .. It is in the Strong's concordance and sticks out like a sore thumb..

Back to the question.. You are right.. It may be that it is simply a case of the height or place on the body is significant.. I will keep researching and if I learn anything new, I will certainly report it here. I am sure it has piqued some interest..

God Bless to all and have a very good month..It is a strange one..

It is also possible, I suppose, that it was a textual variant by someone who held gnostic beliefs, but I don't think that's as likely since I've never heard of it in those circles and considering it would be one of those things they would love to point out.

Return to “Revelation”