The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12

SamMcNear

The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12

Post by SamMcNear » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:24 pm

OK has anyone heard the view that the The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12 is referring to the constellation Virgo and other constellations?

Some say it represents the time Jesus was born others say it represents the time Jesus will return.

here is one view:
Revelation 12:1-5 "A great and wondrous sign appeared in heaven: a woman (constellation Virgo) clothed with the sun (just below the horizon), with the moon (male-child) under her feet and a crown of twelve stars (constellation Bernice) on her head. She was pregnant and cried out in pain as she was about to give birth. Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon (constellation Draco) with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on his heads. His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born. She gave birth to a son, a male child (moon), who will rule all the nations with an iron scepter. And her child was snatched up to God and to his throne."

Anyone have any info on these views and are they right or wrong?

Thanks -Sam

Mitzi

Re: The Woman and the Dragon in revelation 12

Post by Mitzi » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:11 am

I know you posted this question a while back but I'm going to share this info with you.

I saw a video on youtube by Jesse Vassil concerning this subject which I found pretty interesting. It opened up my understanding
that the universe is like a clock and was given to us to discern the times we are living in, not astrology but biblical astronomy.
I haven't gotten deeply into the subject though I am fascinated by it. I would give you a link but don't know
if that's appropriate on these boards since I haven't spent enough time here to really know if that's okay or not. You can just
get on youtube and type in jessevassil and go to his channel and playlists. It's pretty informative.

mitzi

Return to “Revelation”