Doctor hears GOD

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:36 pm

Mar 8:22 And he cometh to Bethsaida: and they bring a blind man unto him, and besought him to touch him.
Mar 8:23 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw aught.
Mar 8:24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
Mar 8:25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
That is a really interesting account. It would be interesting to know why Jesus led him out of the town first, whether for the blind man's sake, or for Jesus' own.
I wonder also if Jesus percieved the blind man needed to have his faith bolstered, and healed him in stages, as an encouragement?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

__id_2247

Post by __id_2247 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:00 pm

Yes , I think ? The blind mans faith was weak.
I would guess ?He spoke with HIM a lot on the way out of town.

To help HIS weak faith!

I tend to think, Many of us need a little help with our FAITH in life , many times!

I think, We want to believe 100% , yet we have All the old thoughts of our old man [our x spirit]
They still hurt us in many ways!

Hard for us, Who were taught from a baby to judge by sight, Then we must reject that as full Truth and HAVE Faith in the unseen !

GOD has Made Many promises to us. I know they are true. Having lived the NEW TESTAMENT.

We have ALL things with in us, but receive nothing without FAITH.

We Must accept by FAITH and do an action , showing we fully believe!

Then and only then, Do we see these things in our lives!
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:36 am

suzana wrote:
That is a really interesting account. It would be interesting to know why Jesus led him out of the town first, whether for the blind man's sake, or for Jesus' own.
i recently heard it said regarding this passage that you could get the man out of the town but you could not get the town out of the man. his town was specifically noted for its unbelief. i believe when jesus touched the man that he was healed; however the man had some unbelief that was hindering a full manifestation. he touched him again to bolster belief and to bring about the full manifestation of the healing.

suzana also wrote:
I think that perceiving peoples' unbelief, He just didn't do the miracles.
i believe that Jesus was operating as a human being filled with the HS during his earthly ministry. therefore, i think he was indeed limited by unbelief; i.e. he couldn't as in, was unable to, do miracles in some places or some situations. Put it this way-- i don't believe that Jesus could just do anything he wanted; he had to operate within the laws of faith established by his Father. I know this statement may be controversial so I am certainly willing to discuss it.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

__id_2247

Post by __id_2247 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:49 am

HE HAD to be our EXAMPLE.HE had to walk and live in the very same POWER we have in order to be a true example.
Of course HE had POWER to do anything 100%.
But if HE used those POWERS .HE was no longer a true example.

We see our limits with HIm .

Pretty HIGH LIMITS , I THINK.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mat 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

I do not think the LORD wanted All to see as HE did not want many ,many falling all over HIM.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:11 pm

spirit1st wrote:
Of course HE had POWER to do anything 100%.
I disagree with this statement. He could not be many places at once; He did not know who touched the hem of his robe, etc.

TK
Reason:

__id_2247

Post by __id_2247 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:46 pm

HE knew.
Yet HE wanted the person to own up to it!

He is and was GOD

After the HOLY GHOST full came upon HIM .HE knew HIS FULL POWER and had it 100%
Still He had to live as we do NOW!

Mar 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts?

Luk 5:22 But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto them, What reason ye in your hearts?

Luk 20:23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said unto them, Why tempt ye me?

He knew there every thought,He knew the future !

Luk 22:33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.
Luk 22:34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:06 pm

spirit1st wrote:
HE knew.
Yet HE wanted the person to own up to it!
this is simply your opinion; the text does not indicate that jesus was playing games. I think his question was legitimate (and real).

this is not to say that he did not operate in the gifts of the spirit (word of knowledge, prophecy, etc) as when he said he saw nathaniel under the tree.

TK
Reason:

__id_2247

Post by __id_2247 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Of course it is just my opinion, Still He knew what others were thinking and HE is GOD!

He told the future as if HE KNEW it and did .

We do not have to agree on these type things.It is enough we are bonded together though JESUS CHRIST and the CROSS!

I doubt any on any board on the net .See 100% the same!
Still we can disagree and still love in truth .
Bless you and your household in the mighty name of JESUS CHRIST!
Reason:

_Suzana

Post by _Suzana » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 pm

i believe that Jesus was operating as a human being filled with the HS during his earthly ministry. therefore, i think he was indeed limited by unbelief; i.e. he couldn't as in, was unable to, do miracles in some places or some situations. Put it this way-- i don't believe that Jesus could just do anything he wanted; he had to operate within the laws of faith established by his Father. (TK)
The way I see it is that Jesus wouldn't, perform miracles for some people, in response to not only their lack of faith, but hardness of heart.
(to me it does seem significant that the verse says He did not many mighty works there, rather than could not do).

Joh 5:30 I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.

I understand that Jesus acted according to His Father's will, by choice, rather than 'had to operate within the laws of faith.'
i.e. I believe that Jesus could have over-ridden someone's lack of faith and healed them, if He chose to - He would have had the full power of the Holy Spirit; He was sinless, so there would be no hindrance in God hearing Him

Mat 26:53 Do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He shall presently give Me more than twelve legions of angels?
(despite the fact this would go against Jesus' very reason for coming to this world)
Joh 11:42 And I know that You hear Me always, but because of the people who stand by I said it, so that they may believe that You have sent Me.

While in some cases it seems results are according to the faith of the person needing a miracle, in others it seems to be up to the person praying -
Mat 17:19 Then the disciples came to Jesus apart, and said, Why could we not cast him out?
Mat 17:20 And Jesus said to them, Because of your unbelief.

And we know Jesus was sinless, so I don't believe Jesus would ever have been guilty of the sin of unbelief.

This is my understanding at this time; I haven't done any study of the differing views, or all the ramifications, and am not opposed to seeing it differently if I gain a better understanding in the future.
Reason:

__id_2247

Post by __id_2247 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:49 am

Suzana, I searched for that scripture, Where the FATHER always hears HIm , The Father NOW, Always hears us also!
Reason:

Return to “Acts & Epistles”