John 16:12-15. Huh?

steve7150

Re: John 16:12-15. Huh?

Post by steve7150 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:39 pm

it seems that Jesus often speaks of Himself as an extension of the Father (yet distinct), and the Spirit as an extension of Himself (Jesus). This could be interpreted in two ways:

In order to have one God in my finite mind all i can imagine is that indeed Jesus and the Holy Spirit are an extension of God since they are "of God".

Jesus = Word "of God"

Holy Spirit = Spirit "of God"

It seems to me the source is the Father.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:29 am

Maybe they are three 'in purpose' only, or maybe the Holy Spirit is Gods 'active force'

:) + :) + :) = ;)

verbatim

Post by verbatim » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:26 am

“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” NIV

"I still have many things to tell you, but you can't handle them now. But when the Friend comes, the Spirit of the Truth, he will take you by the hand and guide you into all the truth there is. He won't draw attention to himself, but will make sense out of what is about to happen and, indeed, out of all that I have done and said. He will honor me; he will take from me and deliver it to you. Everything the Father has is also mine. That is why I've said, 'He takes from me and delivers to you.MSG

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you.All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew [it] unto you. KJV
Three different version with slight distinction and meaning but will have been distorted truth according to ones interpretation, many had no enough knowledge and brought us to deceitful doctrine of the god of this world.

I would like to share the passages of Paul in Acts 17:23-30
Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, [Ye] men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:JKV
John 16:8 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jesus must depart and go away so the believer could have chances to know the truth the advocate which is in man but do not acknowledge him.

John 14:16-18 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So, it is clear that the Comforter is the Spirit of Christ. Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! Isaiah 52:7

Return to “The Gospels”