Question about Elijah's flight from Jezebel

_Paidion

Post by _Paidion » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:15 am

TK wrote:I may have asked you this before- but if enoch and elijah's physical bodies are being miraculously preserved for a return to earth in the future, where are there bodies now?
I don't know. Nothing is said concerning where they are.
sean wrote:As for Enoch being "preserved", can you better explain what you mean? Hebrews said he didn't experience death. So that would seem to mean he's still alive. Since Enoch walked with God and God took him it would certainly suggest that Enoch is with God still. Or is he like in suspended animation?
No, I don't think their bodies are preserved as in the sense of those in suspended animation, though it may be for all I know. I simply meant unlike our bodies, their bodies were preserved from natural decay and death. However, my thoughts are that they are conscious and truly are "with God still" as you suggested. But I have no idea where the physical location may be. Certainly not heaven. For Elijah ascended into the sky. But, as Christ said, "No one has ascended into heaven but he who descended from heaven, the Son of man." John 3:13

As for "the heavenly vision" of Acts 26:19, in both the account in Acts, and Paul's recounting of the experience, there is no indication that Paul saw Jesus. Rather, both he and those with him saw a bright light, and Paul heard the words of Jesus. If the resurrected Christ had appeared to Paul in the same sense He had appeared to Cephas et al, then why didn't Paul as well as those travelling with him see Him? When Jesus appeared to others in His physical body, all who were present saw Him.

Nor did Paul's companions hear Jesus speak. Paul's "vision" (optasia) appears to have been his hearing the voice of Jesus. That seems to be an unusual use of the word "optasia".
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Paidion
"Not one soul will ever be redeemed from hell but by being saved from his sins, from the evil in him." --- George MacDonald

_Sean

Post by _Sean » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 am

Paidion wrote: As for "the heavenly vision" of Acts 26:19, in both the account in Acts, and Paul's recounting of the experience, there is no indication that Paul saw Jesus. Rather, both he and those with him saw a bright light, and Paul heard the words of Jesus. If the resurrected Christ had appeared to Paul in the same sense He had appeared to Cephas et al, then why didn't Paul as well as those travelling with him see Him? When Jesus appeared to others in His physical body, all who were present saw Him.
Then when did Paul see Jesus if not on the road to Damascus?

1Cor 9:1 Am I not an apostle? Am I not free? Have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. (John 13:35)

Return to “Major and Minor Prophets”