Seeking a Church in Arizona

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Eli

Seeking a Church in Arizona

Post by Eli » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 am

Church in Arizona
Hello all, I am currently seeking a good church in the phoenix area.
I am a Christian, of course, but unfortunately I don’t currently know any local Christians, and I don’t have any information on any local churches. So after some thought and prayer I though perhaps someone on this forum might actually either be local or know of a local church that I might try.
If anyone knows of a church in phoenix please let me know.
Thank you all and God Bless.
Eli

Jepne

Re: Seeking a Church in Arizona

Post by Jepne » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:56 pm

Have you heard of Shelley and June Volk - they have had a church in Phoenix - she has a book that might interest you at junevolk.com, and I see there are many interviews with him on youtube.
It looks like they are in Australia now but see what you can find out about their fellowship.

They spent their early years under Art Katz, as did I. His writings are phenomenal and freely available on the web. I hope it goes well with you!

Just found it - PHOENIX - IMMANUEL CONGREGATION, Shelly Volk, Phoenix, AZ, (602) 840- 5150, Email: svolk@dancris.com TUCSON - BEIT AVANIM CHAIOT, ...
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Steelwheels

Post by Steelwheels » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 am

Hi Eli,
Are you still looking?
To know Him and to make Him known.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi Eli,

I've lived in Phoenix about 10 years and have attended Calvary Community Church for most of that time. They are a Calvary Chapel and are Dispensationalist and "Calminian" or "Free Grace" in their theology (and believe you cannot lose your salvation), but are good people who love the Lord. I've recently started attending Christ Church of the Valley, which is a mega-church and obviously very materially blessed and externally impressive if you ever check out their 50 acre campus. I'm still trying to get a sense of where they're at spiritually and on some of the finer points of theology, however.

Marcus

Return to “The Courtyard”