Greetings!

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
Jon

Greetings!

Post by Jon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:47 am

Steve (and all),

Another Catholic just walked in the room!

I've been listening to your radio broadcast on and off for a while - live in the SF bay area. Although I cannot easily call into the radio program, I can come here off hours.

Looking forward to some healthy discussions about the Faith and origins of the Bible -

Jon

jriccitelli

Re: Greetings!

Post by jriccitelli » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:28 am

Well you’re not the only John in the room either. That is my first name too. (Although I think the correct translation is with an 'h') I enjoy getting to know Steves ministry and others who like to study. I usually consider this forum as part of my Bible study time and it is good to hash out our Bible/Church understanding with others, in respectful and productive debate. This forum seems to be a good exercise for my mind and test of my soul (And I have to challenge 'my own' understanding).
20 years ago I was going to a Mormon Church when I came to realize "Wait, none of what they are teaching me is in my Bible!" All catholic/Protestant debates seem to end up at 'Who interprets the Bible?' Is it the 'Catholic Church and the church fathers', or does the 'reader' have the ability to understand and discern the meaning of scripture.
Remember that many on this forum have some different views, that is the beauty. There are a number of discussions on 'Protestant views and Catholic' on this forum under the 'Board index' heading 'Religion and philo.’ I think the Lectures part of this Web Site are the most valuable resources I have ever heard, Steves lecture on the 'Authority of Scriptures' is excellent no matter what church you belong. If you have time, tell here what you think of the lecture. Welcome

RICHinCHRIST

Post by RICHinCHRIST » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi Jon, welcome to the forum! I was raised Catholic, and went through Communion and Confirmation and all that jazz. However, I never truly came to faith in Christ until after my first year of college, when I was freed from my sinful lifestyle. I'm still open to the possibility of Roman Catholicism being true, but I don't think the arguments are strong enough to convince me yet.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Steve (and all),

Another Catholic just walked in the room!

Welcome Jon,
looking forward to hearing from you.

Return to “The Courtyard”