Thanking God for my church

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
nancyer

Re: Thanking God for my church

Post by nancyer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 am

I feel closest to God when I'm among His greatest work - nature. The beauty of our planet is so apparent everywhere it sometimes leaves me in breathless. A couple months ago I was to attend a 1 day ministry seminar that was 1 1/2 hour drive away. I had agreed to pick up 3 other women from church for this event. The weather had not been good for days prior and the night before we had heard of snow in our area (High Desert, S. California) and in the pass (the only route out). Snow usually means the pass is closed or at least extremly slow moving.

Well, I picked everyone up at 7 am, amidst rain and a few snow flurries, not looking good. But we headed to the freeway and it was moving pretty well. There was snow on the sides of the pass, which makes the pass really pretty, and things kept moving so we were ok. Shortly after getting on the 2nd freeway and heading West we were struck by the most gorgeous view of our mountains (we were now on the opposite side of them), covered with snow, bright sun, blue sky, white clouds, green hills. Jaw dropping. We all felt God was making sure we could attend this event and have an awesome time getting there. During the event a client called me to say it was snowing in the high desert and we thought our drive home wasn't going to be as pleasant, but God never fails and the drive home was just as amazing as the sun was starting to set and we made it without a hitch.

Never underestimate what God wants you to do or how your going to do it. God's will WILL be done so just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Joan

Re: Thanking God for my church

Post by Joan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 am

This is a good illustration for how it looks to walk with the Lord, at times. Maybe lots of times! Thanks, Nancyer.

Return to “The Courtyard”