o.k. i am communing...this is "the courtyard" correct? where

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
ronee

o.k. i am communing...this is "the courtyard" correct? where

Post by ronee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 am

where is everyone??? am i going to the right places??? help? or are you all somewhere else?

Suzana

Re: o.k. i am communing...this is "the courtyard" correct? where

Post by Suzana » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Hi Ronee!

Nice to see you here...and I'm putting some dots in to make you feel more at home... :D ...hmm...now wehere is everyone...you'll find this forum tends to be active in spurts and starts (?is that a phrase??)...it's not as immediate as facebook, but can be....people tend to come go, & come back whenever...depending on what discussions interest them.
For myself, I haven't been here often lately because I'm at the GCS and Steve's keeping us busy :o but hope to join in more again later. Anyway, welcome!
Suzana

TK

Post by TK » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:33 pm

wow susana- i didnt know you were at GCS. good for you!! i am sure it is amazing.

TK

Suzana

Post by Suzana » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:40 pm

thanks, TK - and yes, it has been pretty amazing, but only a week to go now, then home and work, & back to normal mode!
Suzana

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:35 pm

Suzana wrote:Hi Ronee!

Nice to see you here...and I'm putting some dots in to make you feel more at home... :D ...hmm...now wehere is everyone...you'll find this forum tends to be active in spurts and starts (?is that a phrase??)...it's not as immediate as facebook, but can be....people tend to come go, & come back whenever...depending on what discussions interest them.
For myself, I haven't been here often lately because I'm at the GCS and Steve's keeping us busy :o but hope to join in more again later. Anyway, welcome!
I've heard it "fits and starts."

Dictionary.reference.com says:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fits+and+starts,+by wrote:Idioms & Phrases
fits and starts, by
Also, in fits and starts . With irregular intervals of action and inaction, spasmodically, as in The campaign is proceeding by fits and starts . This expression began in the late 1500s as by fits , the noun fit meaning a "paroxysm" or "seizure"; starts was added about a century later.

RickC

Post by RickC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:58 pm

Hello All - Ronee wrote:where is everyone??? am i going to the right places??? help? or are you all somewhere else?
Ronee -

I joined Steve's Bible Forum in 2004 after hearing him on The Bible Answer Man radio program, and didn't post much for about a year. When this site ( the 'new' forum) was designed & set up in 2008, The Courtyard was where new folks can say Hi.

As to where is everyone?
Generally, in the summer time (in USA & N. America) posting on forums slows down due to people being on vacation, there's more stuff to do outside, and so on.

On where's Steve Gregg?
He usually answers questions people post. However, right now he's busy with GCS (Great Commission School, which I also just saw Suzana is enrolled in - GoodOnYa, Suzana)!

Otherwise -
I view the forum often and always click on 'view active topics'. Depending on what's being discussed, I may or may not join in. I sometimes go for weeks or months without posting. Also, not everyone says 'Hi here. Some may wait (to say 'Hi') till they join a discussion you're in (which is how I 'met' folks on the 'old' forum). The Courtyard was a new 'social-networking' type feature on this newer Bible Forum.

I just joined Facebook a month or so ago. This forum and others like it are much simpler than sites like FB (which I'm still trying to figure out, with all the stuff it has). Anyways, here you have: PMs (private messages that you can send to anyone - while the site has 'friends' and 'foes' things, I don't know what those are and don't think anyone uses them). Otherwise, you have the diff forums, and that's about it. If you post on a topic you get automatically notified, if I'm not mistaken (and you can unsubscribe at any time).

Anyways, Hi Ronee & welcome to the forum! :)

selah

Post by selah » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:12 am

Suzana wrote:Hi Ronee!

Hi Ronee, I'll commune a minute with you :D . Welcome! I hope you find this forum a blessing in many ways.

I'm one of those "to come go, and come back whenever...." people....only because I am overwhelmingly busy! :shock: but more about that in the Desperate for Jesus thread.....

Suzana, I will miss you when you go back. I had hoped I could get up that way to visit you at the GCS just once at least. I took my mom to Anacortes for dental work so passed right by the exit to Monroe but she needed to get to the appointment on time, and then home to recover from the work. :cry:

Anyway, it was absolutely great to meet you in McMinnville and I really look forward to less-hectic days when we can post about a TNP forum topic. It would be great to read a summary of your experience at the GCS this summer. Okay, you have a new assignment! ;)

selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

ronee

Post by ronee » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 am

o.k. well darin said if i subscribe topic...below...i would be notifyed via iphone email when you all responded...no such luck :( i will work at it...but until then i am a serial facebooker and i use it for showcasing our local mission to the homeless particularly the street teens in santa cruz ca. please come friend me there...ronee curry also http://www.roneecurry.com
...and yes steve i am here to grab all your friends!!! busted! ;)

Return to “The Courtyard”