Introduction

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
MessianicJew

Introduction

Post by MessianicJew » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

God Bless all, My name is Robert and I listen to Steve on KKMC in the Central Coast of California. I live in Castroville, Ca and I've called Steve a few times. I find his answers encouraging and informative. I'm not too far from Santa Cruz, ca. It's great to have this type of program in this area. :D
Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I".

steve

Re: Introduction

Post by steve » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:44 am

Hi Robert! It's good to have you here. I noticed you were waiting to talk on the air when the show ended today. I'm sorry I didn't get to your call. An earlier caller just went on too long (I guess that's my responsibility to prevent!). Anyway, I look forward to talking to you again soon.

MessianicJew

Post by MessianicJew » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:26 pm

Thank you Steve for responding to my post, it was a surprise to be sure. I realize that you have alot of people who want to talk with you, so Ido understand when you can't get to all your callers. I am glad that you are local for me, and I look forward to meeting you when to resume your home studies locally. God bless you my Brother.
Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I".

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:52 pm

Hi Robert,

I guess i could call myself a Messianic jew also. Have you ever heard of Daniel Juster?

MessianicJew

Post by MessianicJew » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 pm

"I guess i could call myself a Messianic jew also. Have you ever heard of Daniel Juster?"

No steve7150, I have not heard of Daniel Juster. What is he known for? Were you raised Jewish also? How did you come to salvation through Y'shua hamashach? Idon't know too many Messianic Jews. Thanks for your post

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 pm

No steve7150, I have not heard of Daniel Juster. What is he known for? Were you raised Jewish also? How did you come to salvation through Y'shua hamashach? Idon't know too many Messianic Jews. Thanks for your post

Juster is a director of Tikkun a messianic umbrella organization and he just spoke at my Messianic temple. He has written some books and i listened to a CD on Revelation by him and was impressed.
I came to belief through a korean female doctor who was my wife's friend. One day she had the courage to preach the gospel , gave me a KJV bible and recommended reading Michael Brown's books "Answering jewish objections to Jesus" which i did and eventually became persuaded in 2002.
BTW yes i was born jewish, got barmitzvahed and then forgot about God. What's your history?

MessianicJew

Post by MessianicJew » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:58 pm

"BTW yes i was born jewish, got barmitzvahed and then forgot about God. What's your history?"

My Story its this: I was born Jewish, both my Parents are Jewish, My Grandparents were Jewish and my entire family is Jewish. I was raised in a Reform Jewish household in Southern California, Attended a Reform Synagogue got Bar-Mitzvahed as well. I was in High school during the "Jesus People" movement. As an Adult when I was at work a well-meaning Christian gave me a NIV New Testament. Later on when I was in the Army stationed at Ft Ord, California, my Christian room mate took me to a Jewish-Christian Fellowship where I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

As an Adult when I was at work a well-meaning Christian gave me a NIV New Testament. Later on when I was in the Army stationed at Ft Ord, California, my Christian room mate took me to a Jewish-Christian Fellowship where I accepted Jesus as my Savior in 1988MessianicJew

Praise the Lord, BTW what did your family think about it?

MessianicJew

Post by MessianicJew » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:15 pm

My Parents don't talk about my faith. I have a Sister-in-Law who seems interested in wanting to know more about My faith.
and the rest of my Family seem to tolerate it.

RickC

Post by RickC » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:18 am

Hello Robert-

I've been posting on Steve's Bible Forum (there used to be an 'old' one) since 2004. I live in Troy, Ohio & listen to Steve on KKMC...which is kind of wierd sometimes...because like, the commercials, well, I feel like the businesses that advertise are right down the street!

I'm not Jewish (by birth/family) but am extremely interested in Second Temple Judaism, Intertestamental Jewish literature, the "NT context and world Jesus lived in." I have some (but limited) knowledge of Rabbinic Judaism (Mishnah, Talmud, etc.). 'Completely fascinated with anything that can illumine my understanding of the Christian Bible! I'll be posting some video links soon on these themes.

Aside to Steve7 -
I didn't know you are Jewish by birth. Related to this is, there's a Jewish brother that goes to a church I sometimes attend. When we find time, we plan to get together to discuss the scriptures (with a focus on the fact that the NT is essentially Jewish, some stuff about the Nephilim (Gen 6), and so on)....

Anyways, I was a "Jesus People" back-in-the-day (am 54), and -
Welcome to the forum, Robert! :)

Return to “The Courtyard”