Greetings

Introduce yourself, get to know others, and commune with one another!
mikew

Greetings

Post by mikew » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello,

I came here cause of Michelle and Rick though they probably will tell you to be careful around me.

I've been a Christian since end of 81 and have been a music minister for awhile. Also, I have been involved in Church meetings at a nursing home since about 92. That's where I had to start studying the Bible so I could teach. I didn't simply want to teach any doctrines but rather what was from the scriptures. That can be blamed on the first church I went to that promoted the scriptures as the final authority.

The use of scripture as the final authority (and by implication as the original source for true doctrine) was what got me confused from the get go since the New Testament church meetings didn't seem to have any similarity to items mentioned in the epistles

Anyhow, I like to exchange ideas and test some things about scripture I found. My hope, maybe as the underdog, is to help others make their best arguments on doctrines. It seems unlikely or rare to actual convince people to a new viewpoint so it is best just to make friendly theology chat and let God take care of the rest (if He decides to change people's perspective).

Blessings in Christ,

Mike
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Paidion

Re: Greetings

Post by Paidion » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Every disciple of Christ who seeks truth and reality, will change his views as he studies early Christianity as expressed in the NT writings and in other first and second century Christian writings.

Some people change gradually over many years, possibly with growth spurts when they are suddenly hit with new revelation of truth (as has happened to me), while others, perhaps more rarely, may have a major overhaul of their thinking, brought about by being convinced of a totally different basis of thought.

In any case, we should bear in mind that our chief focus is following Christ, being in subjection to Him and His teachings. That is the basis of our fellowship --- not philosophical and theological beliefs, creeds, statements of faith, etc.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:42 pm

Paidion wrote: In any case, we should bear in mind that our chief focus is following Christ, being in subjection to Him and His teachings. That is the basis of our fellowship --- not philosophical and theological beliefs, creeds, statements of faith, etc.
Amen!

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:13 am

Welcome! Your thoughts and ideas are most welcome here.
He will not fail nor be discouraged till He has established justice in the earth. (Isaiah 42:4)

mikew

Post by mikew » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:55 am

Oh. I forgot. It was psychohmike who first sent me to TheNarrowPath website during a paltalk discussion. He told me more or less that it might be helpful to me in my study on end times.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

RickC

Post by RickC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Hiya Mike!

It's nice to see you here!

For the record, I just want to say I've really appeciated your prayers and fellowship since we met (@TheologyWeb's mini-chatroom).

As you know, I have a job now & things are looking better.
Thanks and Welcome Aboard, Brother! :)

Return to “The Courtyard”