Hell and Hearts

Jim

Re: Hell and Hearts

Post by Jim » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Paidion wrote:Thanks, Jim. Quite fascinating. It reminds me of C.S. Lewis in "The Last Battle" from the Narnian Chronicles. The dwarves, who did not believe in Aslan, nevertheless ended up in Aslan's country like everyone else.
But they still believed they were in the dark, dirty stable. When exquisite food and wine were offered to them, they thought they were being mocked by being given rotting turnips, and urine from the trough behind the animals.

Also in Lewis's "Journey from Hell to Heaven", those who took the bus trip to heaven, didn't enjoy what they experienced there, and chose to go back to "The Grey City", including the modernistic preacher who "had a little Bible study group" down there. (I'm going by memory; I probably don't have the details totally correct).

Your very welcome Paidion. C.S. Lewis is very much respected in Orthodoxy, he is one that many people point to being Orthodox but not in the Orthodox Church. If you are interested, Ancient Faith Radio has a program in which they have been reading the Narnia Chronicles.

http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/series ... _of_narnia
Remembering our most holy, pure, blessed, and glorious Lady, the Theotokos and ever virgin Mary, with all the saints, let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God.

Return to “Views of Hell”