Three Views of Hell- sidebar

_TK

Post by _TK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:11 pm

riddle me this...

is there any significance to which of the three views is correct to the person (like me) who has no intention of experiencing any version of hell at all?

e.g., when the Bible says there are no tears in heaven, i believe that we will not lose sleep over friends/relatives that may be in hell, likely because we will see the purity and perfection of God's justice. but are there other ramifications?

TK
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:26 pm

e.g., when the Bible says there are no tears in heaven, i believe that we will not lose sleep over friends/relatives that may be in hell, likely because we will see the purity and perfection of God's justice. but are there other ramifications?

That sounds nice in theory but it's beyond my ability to understand how we could not grieve for friends and relatives in an eternal hell. I've been a believer for 5 1/2 years but before the gospel was preached to me i honestly knew very little about Jesus. If i would have died 10 years ago in an accident never having heard about Jesus should i spend eternity in hell when i responded at the first opportunity. I'm sorry but this scenerio does'nt make any sense to me particularly where there are such disparities in opportunities that people have to hear and understand the gospel. When you're born into a christian culture it's hard to understand that most people in the world are not that fortunate and why should they be subject to vagaries of life re hearing the gospel.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:30 pm

steve wrote:
That sounds nice in theory but it's beyond my ability to understand how we could not grieve for friends and relatives in an eternal hell.
well, regardless of which view is correct, there will be suffering involved whether it is temporary or not. my point was that if we are grieving in heaven over the suffering of loved ones, whether the suffering is short or long, then it wouldnt seem to be the heaven described in the Bible. let's face it, we dont want loved ones to suffer for 5 seconds. so when the Bible says there are no tears in heaven, i must assume that we wont be grieving about what is happening in hell. unless i am missing something, which may be entirely possible.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Father_of_five

Post by _Father_of_five » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:23 am

TK wrote:well, regardless of which view is correct, there will be suffering involved whether it is temporary or not. my point was that if we are grieving in heaven over the suffering of loved ones, whether the suffering is short or long, then it wouldnt seem to be the heaven described in the Bible. let's face it, we dont want loved ones to suffer for 5 seconds. so when the Bible says there are no tears in heaven, i must assume that we wont be grieving about what is happening in hell. unless i am missing something, which may be entirely possible.

TK
Of course the possibility also remains that there will be "no tears in heaven" because all punishment ceases at physical death and that after the resurrection described in 1 Cor 15 all will be together in heaven.

Todd
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:36 pm

well, regardless of which view is correct, there will be suffering involved whether it is temporary or not. my point was that if we are grieving in heaven over the suffering of loved ones, whether the suffering is short or long, then it wouldnt seem to be the heaven described in the Bible. let's face it, we dont want loved ones to suffer for 5 seconds. so

Good point TK, "He WILL wipe every tear from their eyes. There WILL BE no more death or mourning." Rev 21.4
It does say there will be , but not precisely when , just that at some point there will be no more tears therefore it could be saying at some point the LOF will be finished with humanity and then as Paul said "God will be ALL in ALL." 1 Cor 15.28
Reason:

Return to “Views of Hell”