Justification

Jim

Justification

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Does Justification mean justification into salvation, or is it simply you are justified into the covenant ofGod with Israel aka the Church?
Remembering our most holy, pure, blessed, and glorious Lady, the Theotokos and ever virgin Mary, with all the saints, let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ our God.

darinhouston

Re: Justification

Post by darinhouston » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:02 am

Jim wrote:Does Justification mean justification into salvation, or is it simply you are justified into the covenant ofGod with Israel aka the Church?
By salvation, do you mean "eternal life" now and "freedom from the bondage of sin" in this life, or are you referring to salvation from the otherwise deserved penalty from our sins at the final judgment, and the consequential immortality ?

RND

Post by RND » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:42 am

By salvation, do you mean "eternal life" now and "freedom from the bondage of sin" in this life,
Justification.
or are you referring to salvation from the otherwise deserved penalty from our sins at the final judgment, and the consequential immortality ?
Glorification through sanctification.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:37 pm

RND wrote:
By salvation, do you mean "eternal life" now and "freedom from the bondage of sin" in this life,
Justification.
or are you referring to salvation from the otherwise deserved penalty from our sins at the final judgment, and the consequential immortality ?
Glorification through sanctification.
Those weren't my questions. I'm trying to understand Jim's question.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Does Justification mean justification into salvation, or is it simply you are justified into the covenant ofGod with Israel aka the Church?Jim

I think the covenant with Israel aka the church is in fact the New Covenant from which salvation is the most important aspect. So justification means we are in right standing with God which is necessary for salvation.

RND

Post by RND » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:06 pm

darinhouston wrote:Those weren't my questions. I'm trying to understand Jim's question.
Just trying to help.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

You Are Israel
Sabbath Truth
Heavenly Sanctuary

Return to “Calvinism, Arminianism & Open Theism”