God's commands in Jesus Christ.

JacobMartinMertens

God's commands in Jesus Christ.

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:37 am

In Jesus Christ we have commands from God. What are these commands?
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

Paidion

Re: God's commands in Jesus Christ.

Post by Paidion » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:56 am

I have already told you that they are the commands that Jesus gave in Matthew 5, 6, and 7, but you seem unable to accept it.

What commands do YOU think we have in Christ? The commands of the Mosaic law? Such as cutting of a woman's hand for defending her husband? Or stoning to death a son who disrespects his parents?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:36 am

Paidion wrote:I have already told you that they are the commands that Jesus gave in Matthew 5, 6, and 7, but you seem unable to accept it.

What commands do YOU think we have in Christ? The commands of the Mosaic law? Such as cutting of a woman's hand for defending her husband? Or stoning to death a son who disrespects his parents?
I think you don't understand what I am saying. The commands of Jesus are more than Matthew 5, 6, and 7. The commands of Jesus are found in the Bible. I can narrow to the New Testament writings. We may be able to narrow further.
John 1:41, 49 NASB - 41 He found first his own brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which translated means Christ). 49 - Nathanael answered Him, "Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel."

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:41 am

Sell all your possessions and give it to the poor.
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

PR

Post by PR » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:14 am

John 6:27 "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal." 28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."…

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Well, Jacob, PR and Morbo have given some of Jesus' commands outside of Matt 5, 6, and 7. Is that what you're looking for?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

JacobMartinMertens

Post by JacobMartinMertens » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Paidion wrote:Well, Jacob, PR and Morbo have given some of Jesus' commands outside of Matt 5, 6, and 7. Is that what you're looking for?
Matthew 5, 6, and 7 contain commands of Jesus, teaching really. The commands of God in Jesus Christ, or Jesus' commands, are not found only in these chapters. The commands of Jesus are found throughout the New Testament. Maybe we can narrow down the where from there.

morbo3000

Post by morbo3000 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:52 pm

How 'bout:

“May you never bear fruit again!”
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:04 pm

The Christadelphians show 53 commands of Christ, Shine your light, be joyful always, Confess your sins one to another, etc

They can be found at http://www.christadelphian-advocate.org/index.html

Return to “General Questions”