Near Death Experiences Valid?

Paidion

Re: Near Death Experiences Valid?

Post by Paidion » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Taken in isolation, there would seem to be no other explanation other than that those who have died are now alive. But just look at the context:

18 ¶ And Sadducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection. And they asked him a question, saying,
19 “Teacher, Moses wrote for us that if a man’s brother dies and leaves a wife, but leaves no child, the man must take the widow and raise up offspring for his brother.
20 There were seven brothers; the first took a wife, and when he died left no offspring.
21 And the second took her, and died, leaving no offspring. And the third likewise.
22 And the seven left no offspring. Last of all the woman also died.
23 In the resurrection, when they rise again, whose wife will she be? For the seven had her as wife.”
24 Jesus said to them, “Is this not the reason you are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God?
25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.
26 And as for the dead being raised, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the passage about the bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’?
27 He is not God of the dead, but of the living. You are quite wrong.”

The Sadducees, who didn't believe in the resurrection of the dead, stated a problem that they thought justified their belief.

Notice that before Jesus said that about God being the God of the living, He prefixed the words with And as for the dead being raised. With that prefix, Jesus said His subsequent words to indicate that He was now going to address the subject of the resurrection. If there were no resurrection as the Sadducees believed, then how would God be the God of the living? But the fact that there will be a resurrection is in harmony with the fact that God is the God of the living.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “General Questions”