Your thoughts on 2 men, Trump and Osteen

dwight92070

Re: Your thoughts on 2 men, Trump and Osteen

Post by dwight92070 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:38 pm

There was a point in previous posts where it could be said that I was "insulting", which is why I asked for your forgiveness, but it appears, never received. Since then, if anything I have said has insulted you, once again, please forgive me. That was not my intention. Rather I am simply expressing my understanding of the Bible and Christianity as a whole. If we disagree, so be it. I don't think you have to take it personally, just as I don't have to. We can agree to disagree.

For example, you just said that every spirit-filled preacher is preaching the word of God, that Paul is not the only one. I disagree. They may be preaching the word of God in one sense, but not in the same sense that Paul and the 12 apostles and Jesus did. Even the early church acknowledged that the words of Jesus, Paul and the original apostles had an authority equal to, and in the case of Jesus, greater than, the Old Testament. No other servants of God since then have spoken with that same authority. Their words were truly the word of God.

morbo3000

Re: Your thoughts on 2 men, Trump and Osteen

Post by morbo3000 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:11 am

Apology accepted.

Clarification though. I didn't take it personally. I have a very thick skin. Saying that you were insulting has nothing to do with my sensitivity. It has to do with ad hominem attacks on the person you disagree with.

Ymmv. You'll need to go through and re-read what you've posted to see if what I'm saying rings true. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “Miscellaneous”