He calls us His family

dwight92070

He calls us His family

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:30 pm

Mark3:33-35 Answering them, He said, "Who are My mother and My brothers?" Looking about at those who were sitting around Him, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."

As a 66-year old man, I long to hear Jesus say to me, "You are my brother." This would be the same as, "Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master."

So how can I make this happen? Well, I can start by doing what those people were doing. They were sitting around Him, listening to Him. Jesus said that they were doing the will of God by sitting there, listening to Him.

If you are a young man, what joy He will bring to your heart when He calls you His brother! John the Baptist was just a little older than Jesus and he rejoiced to hear Jesus' voice. John 3:29-30 " ... but the friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made full. He must increase, but I must decrease."

Imagine, if you are a young woman, that Jesus says to you, "You are My sister." You know, a good brother is very protective of his sister. He has her back. He loves her. He will fight for her. How much more when your brother is Jesus! If you are an older woman, imagine Jesus telling you, "You are My mother." When a boy becomes a man, especially if his father is gone, he becomes very protective of his mother. He begins to support her, instead of her supporting him all those years. She feels secure with a strong young man watching over her. How much more when your son is Jesus!

May we all sit at His feet daily and receive strength, hope, comfort, support, and nourishment, listening to His words.

Dwight

dizerner

Re: He calls us His family

Post by dizerner » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 pm

amen

Paidion

Re: He calls us His family

Post by Paidion » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Miscellaneous”