Judgement House

_Anonymous

Judgement House

Post by _Anonymous » Mon May 23, 2005 2:54 pm

What is this forum's members experience with an "outreach" tool known as Judgement House? My understanding is that it is run as an alternative to haunted houses at Halloween, and it is a play of sorts, depicting the deaths of teenagers, and their ultimate destiny based on their beliefs while living. I ask because our church has decided to put one on this fall, and it gives me the creeps. Here's why: first it seems a bit silly to have deacons dressed in sheets (in their role as angels) and even for us to think we can approximate on stage what heaven will be like. Also, the devil is depicted in what looks like a silly manner to me (red leotard, horns, pitch-fork, etc.). I remember hearing about something called "Hellhouse" over 10 years ago, in which an inner city ministry put on a haunted house in an abandoned buliding, and depicted graphically, scenes of hell. It was very controversial. Now it looks like it's been cleaned up, and churches everywhere are doing this, in their church buildings. They claim many decisions for Christ are made as a result of these Judgement Houses, although the only people that I know that go to them are Christians prior to going to one. Why does this make me so uneasy? Do I lack a servant's heart, which is what is said of church members who are not on board with this? Please correct me if I'm wrong - this seems like another case of the church imitating the world in an attempt to trick people into becoming Christ-followers, which is impossible anyway.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Miscellaneous”