Suggestions for adult Sunday school materials?

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Suggestions for adult Sunday school materials?

Post by backwoodsman » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:05 pm

My church is considering changing adult Sunday school materials. We're looking for something theologically conservative that can be used as a starting point for discussion. The particular doctrinal slant isn't important; we just want something that consistently takes a high view of Scripture. I've been having trouble finding anything that's not very superficial and oriented more toward entertaining than studying. I've suggested just studying the Bible, but most aren't ready for such a radical departure from what they're used to. Does anyone have any suggestions?

TruthInLove

Re: Suggestions for adult Sunday school materials?

Post by TruthInLove » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:03 am

Just throwing one out there but you may want to check out http://regularbaptistpress.org/sunday-s ... for-living. I can't vouch for the newest material from them but years ago, as a new Christian, I found their material very informative.

Also, I'd recommend These Were God's People. I obtained this book as a hand-me-down from my great-grand father. I read it through in my mid-30s and found it extremely enlightening. It is a really great summary of the entire Bible and Bible history.

Hope this helps.

- Carmine

Return to “General”