I'm saved by Faith alone

paulespino

I'm saved by Faith alone

Post by paulespino » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm convinced that I'm saved by the Grace of Christ through Faith alone But this Faith is not an empty shell or empty container.

This Faith is filled with Love. Therefore I'm saved by Faith alone .

Many people are saying that we are saved by Faith alone even if the Faith is an empty container or empty shell.

My FAITH ALONE is filled with LOVE and therefore I'm saved by FAITH ALONE

Paidion

Re: I'm saved by Faith alone

Post by Paidion » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:45 pm

From what are you saved, Paul?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

jriccitelli

Post by jriccitelli » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:39 am

We are saved from unbelief. Unbelief is a sin is it not?

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 am

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:06 am

dizerner wrote:Bibically I'd say the correct answer to "From what are we saved" is ἡ ὀργὴ τοῦ θεοῦ, the wrath of God.
So Jesus died to save us from God? :shock:

Biblically, I'd say that if we have entrusted ourselves to Christ and have become His disciples, we ARE BEING SAVED from our sins, not merely from the consequences of them, but from the sins themselves. We shall be overcomers. Salvation is a process. If we stay on the difficult road which leads to righteousness, the process will continue until death (or possibly even beyond). "He who began a good work in you will continue to accomplish it until the day of Jesus Christ." (Philippians 1:6)

But as [Joseph] considered these things [divorcing his wife], behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, don't be afraid to associate with Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus [saviour], for he will save his people from their sins.” (Matthew 1:20,21)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

paulespino

Post by paulespino » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Paidion,

I agree.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:41 pm

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Of course Jesus died to save us from God...
Incredible!—the necessity to be saved from God, who is pure, unadulterated LOVE in His essential Being! (1 John 4:8,16).
Are we really getting this far away from the Bible?
Yes, it seems that we are. For we find NOWHERE in the Bible that Jesus died to save us from God.

But we DO find many references to His dying to save us from SIN:

I Peter 2:24 He himself endured our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

II Corinthians 5:15 And he died for all, that those who live might live no longer for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

Romans 14:9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.

Titus 2:14 who gave himself for us to redeem us from all iniquity and to purify for himself a people of his own who are zealous for good deeds.

Heb 9:26 ...he has appeared once for all at the end of the age for the abolition of sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Paidion

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Jesus died in our place, that's what the Gospel IS. Jesus suffered the wrath we should take for our sin, that's what the Gospel IS. That's why holy blood was shed as a propitiation, that's why the wages of sin MUST be paid, that's why Christ loved us THAT much he STOOD in our stead.
Yes, that's the "gospel" of modern easy believism which proclaims appeasement of an angry God by offering His innocent Son to take the punishment we deserve. If you were angry at one of your sons who killed someone while committing a robbery, would it make you happy if another of your sons who was completely innocent were whipped and placed in prison for the crime, while your guilty son got off scot free?

Nowhere do we read that "Jesus suffered the wrath we should take for our sin." Nor do we read that his holy blood was shed "as a propitiation" (appeasement). The words "ιλασμος" (I John 2:2, 4:10) and "ιλστηριον" (Rom 3:25) are mistranslated as "propitiation". Both words actually mean "means of mercy". Indeed in Hebrews 9:5, "ιλστηριον" is translated as "mercy seat".

The verbal form of the noun "ιλστηριον" is "ιλασκομαι" means "to be merciful" and is used in Luke 18:13 "God be merciful to me, a sinner."

What a mercy it is to be delivered from our sins!

No, the idea that Jesus suffered the wrath of God so that we wouldn't have to, is not the gospel that was proclaimed by John the Baptizer, Jesus, Peter, and Paul (and there is only one gospel):

The Gospel of the Kingdom According to John the Baptizer

Matt 3:1-3, 5-8 In those days came John the Baptizer, proclaiming in the desert of Judea, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
For this is he who was spoken of by the prophet Isaiah when he said, "The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight." Then went out to him Jerusalem and all Judea and all the region about the Jordan, and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of snakes! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bear fruit that befits repentance.

The Gospel of the Kingdom According to Jesus

Matt 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

John 4:1-3 Now when the Lord knew that the Pharisees had heard that Jesus was making and baptizing more disciples than John (although Jesus himself did not baptize, but only his disciples), he left Judea and departed again to Galilee.

The Gospel According to Peter

Acts 2:36-39“... Let all the house of Israel therefore know assuredly that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified." Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?"
And Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forsaking of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children and to all that are far off, every one whom the Lord our God calls to him."

Did Paul Proclaim the Kingdom of God also?

Acts 28: 30,31 And he lived there two whole years at his own expense, and welcomed all who came to him,preaching the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ quite openly and unhindered.
Paidion

Return to “General”