Christians and others...

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Andre

Christians and others...

Post by Andre » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:33 pm

what is the responsibility of a Christian when it comes to people of other faiths... let me explain:
a while back on of my friends quoted buddah on his facebook... and i thought to myself "why would a professing Christian want to quote a person who's responsible for leading so many people into darkness" then the other day one of my friends who goes to fuller seminary went with her class to a mosque... again i was thinking what could we possibly benefit from going somewhere where at best there are a bunch of people groping in darkness and at worst worshiping and glorifying demons. then there was a comment that a lot of people from fuller go there!?!?!? i don't get it. they say ok it's to learn about their religion or whatever but we wouldn't go to a satanist or wiccan coven and hang out there would we? so what's the difference? in one at least they are being honest about who they worship (the satanists) but when they are all worshiping false gods then why bother with any of it? what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Candlepower

Re: Christians and others...

Post by Candlepower » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 pm

Andre,

You said
then there was a comment that a lot of people from fuller go there!?!?!?
Are those people going there to worship? Or, are they going there to do research for some sort of Comparative Religions class? Or are they going there to convert the lost? If they are going there to worship false gods or to partake in pagan practices, they are in error. If syncretism (the combination of different systems of philosophical or religious belief or practice) is their goal, I think they are clearly on the wrong road as well. I know that when Paul went to synagogues, however, it was not with the hope of blending Judaism with Christianity, but with the hope of reasoning with the Jews from Scripture and converting them to the Truth. On Mars Hill, he was spending time with Greeks for the same reason -- to present Christ and to win the lost. I can't tell from your post what the motives are of the people in question here, but at first glance it doesn't look good. To a great extent, the history of Christianity is a repetitious pattern of the mainline denominations proudly marching into the darkness of apostasy, hand in hand with their pagan partners, and leaving the remnant behind still carrying the torch of truth. Do you think these Fuller folks are syncretists or soul winners? Tell us more, Andre, and thanks for the interesting post.

Candlepower

Return to “New Forum”