Post by Michelle » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:39 am

Your ignoring grammar.

:?

Paidion

Re: Bad Theology

Post by Paidion » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:03 am

Your ignoring grammar.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Homer

Post by Homer » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Hey, what's wrong with that? The ignoring of grammar belongs to Steve, that's why "yours" could be correct, since it isn't his'n. ;)

john316yes

Post by john316yes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:24 am

PLEASE EXPALIN YOUR REASONING FROM GRAMMAR.

EXPLAIN THIS STEVE: WHERE DO YOU GET FAITHFULL JEWS FROM THE PRONOUN "ALL"? DOES NOT "ALL" POINT TO TO UNSPECIFIED SUBJECT OR NOUN? WHERE IN THE WILD WORLD OF SPORTS DO YOU GET FAITHFUL JEWS? IF YOU BELIEVE THIS, YOUR WRONG. PLEASE EXPLAIN.

I GUESS STEVE THINKS THAT THE INDEFINATE PRONOUN "ALL", HAS AN ANTACEDENT, WHICH IS FAITHFUL JEWS. SO IF IM RIGHT FROM THIS VERSE :"ALL THAT THE FATHER HAS GIVEN ME WILL COME TO ME" ALL MEANS ALL THE FAITHFUL JEWS OF ISRAEL DURING THE FIRST CENTURY? THAT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE.

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:33 am

Yesterday, John 316yes, I directed someone (probably only nominally interested in the faith, I`m not sure) to this website. I hope she doesn`t land on your posts. The majority of western non-Christians who post on web forums exhibit more social grace than you do. Actually your attitude is (unintentionally) an argument in favour of Christian Universalism not Calvinism.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:56 am

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:45 am

Hey, what's wrong with that? The ignoring of grammar belongs to Steve, that's why "yours" could be correct, since it isn't his'n. ;)
Actually, I, myself, missed the irony of John's statement "Your ignoring grammar", until Michelle, by quoting it, pointed out in her own respectful way that John himself seemed to have been ignoring grammar within that statement itself.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

john316yes

Post by john316yes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Grammar: Indefinate pronouns do not point a specific noun or subject in a sentence.

1.) Basic Sentence structure: Subject, Verb, Object.

a.) Example: Steve teaches theology.

The Subject is Steve, the Verb is teaches and the Object is Theology.

b.) Questions to find the parts of a sentence:

Subject : Who is teaching? Steve.

Verb: What is Steve doing? He is Teaching.

Object: What is he teaching? Theology.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

May I add to your list, John?

Your: possessive adjective as in "your book"

You're: abbreviation of "you are" as in "You're ignoring grammar"
Paidion

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 am

john316yes wrote:Grammar: Indefinate pronouns do not point a specific noun or subject in a sentence.
John. I'm glad to see you're applying yourself to your elementary grammar studies. But you definitely should work on your spelling skills as well (or at least pay attention to your spell-check). Tell me if you can find the misspelled word in your sentence. Also, your sentence needs the preposition "to" somewhere in there.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”