THERE ARE ONLY TWO RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD

_gracemonger

THERE ARE ONLY TWO RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD

Post by _gracemonger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm

There are many churches and denominations. Some are liberal. Others are conservative. Some are large, wealthy, and influential. Others are small, poor, and insignificant. But, if you cut through the trappings of the various religions of the world and get to the heart of things, you will find that really there are only two religions in the whole world. The one is true. The other is false.

TRUE RELIGION, THE RELIGION OF THE BIBLE, IS THE RELIGION OF FREE GRACE. It traces salvation to God. It ascribes the entire work of salvation to God alone. It makes election, redemption, regeneration, preservation, and glorification to be the works of God's free grace alone. ALL FALSE RELIGION IS THE RELIGION OF FREEWILL. No matter what denominational name it wears, freewillism traces salvation to man. It does not omit God altogether. (Satan is too sly for that!) But it ascribes salvation to man, not to God. It makes the determining factor in salvation to be the will, work, and worth of man. Whereas the Word of God makes salvation to be determined by the will of God (Rom. 9:11-18), the worth of Christ (I Pet. 3:18; Rom. 3:24-26), and the work of God the Holy Spirit (John 6:63).

Is your religion true, or false? Think about it? Does your religion glorify God, or man? Read Proverbs 16:25. THE RELIGION OF THE BIBLE HONORS THE TRIUNE GOD ALONE (I Cor. 1:30-31).
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:37 pm

And the point is.... (drum roll please)

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_Seth

Post by _Seth » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:47 pm

YAWN...ya finished?

BTW, isn't there an Essay Forum for those who just want their stuff read but not responded to?

Second BTW:
TRUE RELIGION, THE RELIGION OF THE BIBLE, IS THE RELIGION OF FREE GRACE. It traces salvation to God. It ascribes the entire work of salvation to God alone.
I'm not a follower of Calvin, but I completely attribute my salvation to God. How can I not? I'm his creation. Therefore, whatever I do is ascribed to him. Yes, I believe that he created me with the ability to seek him. But that ability comes from him. I also believe he gives such ability to all through his grace.
Reason:

_Homer

Post by _Homer » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:15 pm

Gracemonger,

You said:
ALL FALSE RELIGION IS THE RELIGION OF FREEWILL. No matter what denominational name it wears, freewillism traces salvation to man. It does not omit God altogether. (Satan is too sly for that!) But it ascribes salvation to man, not to God. It makes the determining factor in salvation to be the will, work, and worth of man.
A poor crippled beggar sits by the road. He is totally helpless. A man passing by takes pity on him, pauses and offers the poor beggar a large sum of money. The beggar accepts the offer, reaches out with a feeble hand and takes the money.

Did the beggar obtain the money by his own will, his own work, and because he was worthy, or was it by grace? And did he attain honor in accepting the money while depriving his benefactor of honor?

Looking forward to your answers.
Reason:
A Berean

_glow

Post by _glow » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:31 am

I was a little set back when reading this.I thought this forum was set up to share our ideas peacefully. A couple of you guys seem very disrespectful here in my mind to Gracemonger. Even if we don't agree I think we should do it respectfully. I would hope we would love one another on a board such as this....Glow
Reason:

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:59 am

glow wrote:I was a little set back when reading this.I thought this forum was set up to share our ideas peacefully. A couple of you guys seem very disrespectful here in my mind to Gracemonger. Even if we don't agree I think we should do it respectfully. I would hope we would love one another on a board such as this....Glow
That's unfortunate that you think that way. But if you click on gracemonger's profile and view all the threads he/she has posted so far, you will see that he/she is not at all inerested in loving discussion of any kind. He/she has simply plastered this forum with mini-essays which pour scorn on those who disagree with his/her Calvinism. When people reply, he/she has not not bothered to dignify anybody with a response, not even one. If anything, it's gracemonger who is showing the lack of respect to everybody else here. :(
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

_TK

Post by _TK » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:48 am

hi glow--

i have to agree with Ely on this one. i dont have a problem with gracemonger posting here. i am relatively new myself. but he/she does "hit and run" posting. this is a discussion forum. like seth said, if gracemonger wants to post essays, there is an area to do that. one should expect that if they post here, they may get responses either agreeing or disagreeing. i have been challenged very strongly in several areas by others here and i must say that i have found this very helpful and some of my views have changed. with a very limited number of exceptions, some of which have been resolved by the the forum administrator, i have found the discussion here to be in a true christian spirit.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_SoaringEagle

Post by _SoaringEagle » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:32 pm

People,

Please know that gracemonger has already said other threads he started that those who hold to non-calvinistic doctrines, or arminian doctrines are: blasphemers, lost, people who have a false faith and a delusional hope, people that have been taught by blind and ignorant men, people that hold to man centered religion as the truth of God, and are responsible for presenting lies which are damning to the souls of all who believe them. Not to mention that these people are, people who hates the sovereign, free grace of God, and people who hate God Himself, blasphemer, people who lie about God and blaspheme the Saviour. So it's pretty clear that he thinks people who do not hold to Calvinism's presentation of God and Sovereignty are hellbound.
Reason:

_STEVE7150

Post by _STEVE7150 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:42 pm

ALL FALSE RELIGION IS THE RELIGION OF FREEWILL

Well GM then you should be a universalist because it's God's will that no one should perish.
Jesus prayed "Forgive them for they know not what they do" Luke 23.34

And who are them? Just the people who crucified him or everyone? In Acts 3&4 it essentially says everyone crucified Jesus therefore Jesus asked his Father to forgive everyone.
But is that request God's will?
"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. The words that i say to you i do not speak on my own initiative but the Father abiding in me does HIS works." John 14.10

Therefore it is God's will to forgive everyone GM or do you disagree. That's why Calvinism has to lead to universalism because Jesus is the savior of the world, which is God's will.
Reason:

_glow

Post by _glow » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:27 pm

I appreciate your responses but do two wrongs make a right? Are we not to turn thr other cheek?

Glow
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”