The Merged Gospels link

johnb

The Merged Gospels link

Post by johnb » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Thought this was an interesting resource to share.
I'm still looking into it, so if anyone finds some serious fault in the work, please inform...

http://mergedgospels.com/MG/Home.html
“The Underground Church is a poor and suffering church, but it has few lukewarm members.” - Richard Wurmbrand

mattrose

Re: The Merged Gospels link

Post by mattrose » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:00 am

Looks interesting and thorough at first glance. I often do this myself in teaching a passage (as many Bible teachers do), but I've never seen it in book format, especially to this extent.

I do think it is significant that God saw fit to give us 4 canonical gospels, but there is nothing wrong, and very much right in my opinion, with putting together a work like this. Could prove a useful resource.

SamIam

Post by SamIam » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:24 am

I bought a similar book back in 1987 called "The Gospels Interwoven" compiled by a guy named Kermit Zarley. The old-timers will remember him as a PGA golfer in the 70's and 80's. His work was not as scholarly as this one appears to be. Zarley took the NIV and used one of those new-fangled personal computers with a word-processing program to interweave the 4 Gospels into one continuous narrative. I found it to be a good read.

I don't see anything wrong with squeezing the 4 Gospels into one narrative as long as you consider the results to be a commentary on the 4 Gospels.

johnb

Post by johnb » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

SamIam wrote:I don't see anything wrong with squeezing the 4 Gospels into one narrative as long as you consider the results to be a commentary on the 4 Gospels.
Very good point.
“The Underground Church is a poor and suffering church, but it has few lukewarm members.” - Richard Wurmbrand

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”